Bugdom, anyone?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone here ever hear of or play the Mac/Windows game "Bugdom" before? It's a pretty cool game; you gotta be this bug and navigate through this 'bugdom' and kill ants and insects and defeat some freaky looking ant 'king'. It had pretty good graphics for it's time.

Nick

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was the hottest computer game in our middle school, AND NO ONE WOULD GIVE ME A STINKIN' TURN!!!

I NEVER got to actually play the game, I always ended up just watching.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
On one of my library's computers they have that game. It's really neat!!!:cool: I love to play it!

F

furryredmonster

I played it in 1st grade! That's the last I heard about it...

Ziffel

Reaction score
Never played that one before. Haven't played too many games on the computer. I still have my old Atari and Play Station 1. I used to go to Yahoo games to play chess, checkers, backgammon, and othello. Anyone ever go to Yahoo Games? I also went to AOL games before but preferred the board graphics at Yahoo.

salemfan

Reaction score
I played Bugdom in ninth grade. I found out about it when it was on the computer in my resource room. I bought it and played it at home, but it was frustrating when I kept losing, and I was banned from playing it until school got out, and when school got out, I finished it and after that, I never played it again.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ah...yes, I remember that game, but I never got to play it cause the rude people when I was in 1-3rd grade never let me play:grouchy: :mad:

Timotheus

Reaction score
My sister's iMAc has that game...I used to get on her computer just to play it when she wasn't on it!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Nyah, I downloaded that game on my old OLD iBook as it appears to have been deleted and bought a serial. I now have access to old old memories. I haven't gotten very far ( still on Level 3; it's pretty hard) and I DO remember these "level opening animations"

Level 1: The ants walk out on a log carrying letters that spell LEVEL ONE"
Level 2: One of those boxing bugs comes out of the side and the Words read "Lebel Two" ( or something similar; it was a spelling error apparently) The boxing fly thing punches it and it becomes "Level Two" Also, I remember the "highlight" creatures or things were in these animations, like in Level Two you have to put up with those stupid boxing flies.
Level Three: 4 or 5 bluish green fish jump up and grab the letters that spell "Level Three"
Level Four: ( This one is weirdly unique) A bizzarre, pastey human foot comes down and squishes the words "Level Four"
Level Five--First Boss level--This one is pretty cool. Instead of our typical log, the dragonfly of which you ride flies across the screen and the letters spelling the word "Level Five" ride down on parachutes down to the bottom of the screen and furthur.
Level Six- A swarm of angry bees come down to the words "Level Six" ( back on our log) and do something ( I think they sting it ...?) that I cant remember.
Level Seven- The second Boss level. Instead of an animation, we just see "Level Seven" on the log and the camera turns and fades.
Level Eight-- In a night setting, a bizarre fire-breathing flying ant flies down towards a firecracker on the log, sets it off and flies across the screen while the words "Level Eight" are blown up :smile:
Level Nine-- Another pretty dull one ( along with Seven and One)- The words "Level nine" disappear very ghost like, flashing from physical to ghost-ish and then finally dissipating. ( as in this level, you battle 'ghost ants' :big_grin:)
Level Ten--The Last Boss- Kill King Thorax-- Same as Seven.

And thats what I remember from those opening animations. I liked those. :smile: