1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Building an Elmo

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by SesameStMuppets, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Hank Venture

Hank Venture New Member

I used the Mostro pattern completely and this is the Elmo I made (I forgot to stuff his left arm before the picture ). There are some differences between him Elmo, but my niece thinks its the real guy and thats what I was going for. I plan re-do to arms because the Mostro arms are quite big for Elmo.

2. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

I used the melonhead pattern and just made the mouth wider a bit..
    [​IMG]

Hes not finished yet.. Ive only done the head :)

Ping pong balls for eyes, 40mm styrofoam egg for the nose and 2mm plastic sheets for the mouthplate :)

3. Chuk

Chuk New Member

What pattern should I use for Elmo? I thought of using the melonhead pattern but I think it will look like Elmo in the old days and the mostro pattern might work if I can crush out the fur or the oval pattern. I'm trying to build an Elmo from 2001. Any help