Building an Eye Mechanism

muppetfan89

Reaction score
does anyone know a simple way of building an eye mechnisim? I tried to build one by using a tutoral I saw online done by Tom from Puppeteers Unite, where you use a metal hanger, but I think I did it wrong becuase the eyes move up and down instead of blinking. Does anyone another way of doing this?

practicecactus

Reaction score
That one seems to be the simplest blink mech for people who aren't sure how to tackle it.
Sounds like you need to secure the eyes to the puppet better.

This is what I made,although it is not easier, I'm happy to get it out there to even just help people get ideas and insipiration.

P.S. I thought your post was about full 'up,down,left,right'- moving eyes, which is something I'm in the process of making.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
did you try gluing the eye in place? would that fix the problem?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
OMG! I CAN SEE HIS INSIDES!

Is that a puppet of your avatar image?

Muppetfan89... i was also going to suggest that you make sure your eyes are attached to the puppet. Also... make sure yours looks like the pictures or the video you're working with. I'm assumeing that you possibly either didn't attach the eyes OR you put the eyes on the "hooks"... which should be above the eyes like wired eye brows.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Show me your eyes :smile:

:wink:Do you have any video or pictures of your blinking problem?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
that is a good idea... at least take a pic

Rogue66

Reaction score
Hi, the post reads like you made the mechanism for the eye itself, which would make them move. To blink, it should be a mechanism attached to the lids, to move down over the eye to mimic a blink. Is that the effect you are "looking" for? (haha, sorry) :wink: