Bunsen's glasses broke

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ok I was holding off on getting this figure don't ask me why but I did *shruggs*
So I got him as as happy and joyfull as I was to get him finally I disliked his skin(foam) tone allot So I went and got my paints out to get just the right shade for him to paint him how I thought he should look.
Now Comes the really bad news! His Glasses broke right off :cry:
I'm so devistated I didn't think they would break that easy.
They broke right off from his head and then when I tried to glue them back on they split right down the middle now my Bunsen is Blind!:cool:
Has this happend to anyone else?
Does anyone have any advice what to do here?:confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey VM... Yeah, the glasses on my Bunsen figure broke, but it's just where the left lens meets the stem tucking them behind his left ear. It's from all the times he fell over onto the back part of the shelf when I was positioning my figures, especially trying to balance the gorilla detector on Beaker's elbow-bent arm (which made the gorilla head rest a little on Bunsen's as well). Won't be doing that next time though.
A bit of glue helps, not sure if that'd be enough in your situation. If gue doesn't work, I'd recommend you try buying another S1 Bunsen figure.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Blind? Wait, I thought he didn't have eyeballs, so glasses would've been pointless right?

Daniel

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh.... Bunsen has eyeballs, they're just hidden very deeply. Of course, the fact that he wears eyeglasses with no eyeballs or eyes visible creates the illusion of him having eyes... But in TGMC when everybody finishes singing "Happiness Hotel" and Gonzo takes a photo of the entire gang, the flash from the photo leaves everyone stunned and you can see their pupils dilated. The joke goes so far as to expose Bunsen's dilated pupiled eyeballs popping out from their recesses and into the frame of the glasses. Watch for it.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Oh.... Bunsen has eyeballs, they're just hidden very deeply. Of course, the fact that he wears eyeglasses with no eyeballs or eyes visible creates the illusion of him having eyes... But in TGMC when everybody finishes singing "Happiness Hotel" and Gonzo takes a photo of the entire gang, the flash from the photo leaves everyone stunned and you can see their pupils dilated. The joke goes so far as to expose Bunsen's dilated pupiled eyeballs popping out from their recesses and into the frame of the glasses. Watch for it.
Yes! I remember this scene!!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Hey VM... Yeah, the glasses on my Bunsen figure broke, but it's just where the left lens meets the stem tucking them behind his left ear. It's from all the times he fell over onto the back part of the shelf when I was positioning my figures, especially trying to balance the gorilla detector on Beaker's elbow-bent arm (which made the gorilla head rest a little on Bunsen's as well). Won't be doing that next time though.
A bit of glue helps, not sure if that'd be enough in your situation. If gue doesn't work, I'd recommend you try buying another S1 Bunsen figure.
Thanks count but I just got him I'm just thinking of making some new glasses out of sculpy when I'm finished painting bunsen a more yellowish color.
Yes! I remember this scene!!
me also it was one of my faves!:crazy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Hope it turns out well. Maybe you could turn it into some sort of custom. Just don't let Luke hear about this, he's getting a bit of an overblown ego campaigning for Bunsen.
We at the Miss Piggy camp of course take pride in the fact she's been overblown from the beginning and doesn't need such gimmicks or presidential campaigns to get her ego, or figure for that matter, swelling.
So if you're jellin' like it's compellin', we're tellin', it's for Miss Piggy your votes should be wellin'.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
OK... Hope it turns out well. Maybe you could turn it into some sort of custom. Just don't let Luke hear about this, he's getting a bit of an overblown ego campaigning for Bunsen.
We at the Miss Piggy camp of course take pride in the fact she's been overblown from the beginning and doesn't need such gimmicks or presidential campaigns to get her ego, or figure for that matter, swelling.
So if you're jellin' like it's compellin', we're tellin', it's for Miss Piggy your votes should be wellin'.
Count do you by any chance have a road map? cause I'm lost....:embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You're lost you say? Have you tried Harry Krishna?

Sorry if I got a bit off-topic, you'd need to be following the events over in the 2007 Muppet Presidential Elections thread, the "Part 2" thread being the current one.
Check it out... And please vote for Piggy.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
You're lost you say? Have you tried Harry Krishna?

Sorry if I got a bit off-topic, you'd need to be following the events over in the 2007 Muppet Presidential Elections thread, the "Part 2" thread being the current one.
Check it out... And please vote for Piggy.
Frankly if I was paying attention I'd Vote for Dr. Teeth.:big_grin: