Calendar Oneshots: September Schooling

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I only have one issue with this - Floyd plays bass left-handedly. I know because I got excited that I wasn't the only right handed person who plays bass left handed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay I think I understand what you're saying Gina, but to explain...

The Floyd action figure I have grips the guitar neck with his left hand and strums with his right, whereas the Janice figure is made to grip her guitar neck with her right and strum with her left. Hope this helps.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
These are HILARIOUS!!! Mind if I steal a Muppet killer tomato? That might come in handy chapter after next... :eek:
--------------

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Right. THat means they are left handed players.

Most rockers (both bass and guitar) play right-handed; meaning they're strumming with their right hands, while chords are fingered with the left hand. This is how guitar/bass is taught, as it uses the dominate hand (this being the right, as most people are right handed) for strumming.

Now, for people like Sir Paul McCartney, he is a left-handed player, just like Floyd and Janice.

I am one of those weird annomolies as I'm right handed, however I play left handed. I think this might have something to do with my many years as a band member - as a trumpet player, I finger the valves with my right hand; when I played trombone, slide was right hand; the only time I struggled was when I was playing sax cause I had to use both hands, but even when I played piano, I was better at doing chords and melody with my right hand then left.

Trying to play correctly was extremely difficult for me, so I switched to left handed playing and it works. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kris, sure, stock up on all the Muppet produce you need to take down the Underlord.
*Hope to read more when it's ready.

And thank you Gina, 5 Ball is off to a wonderful start. :flirt:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Awwww...y'all had a nerd-fest and you didn't invite Moi? And there were MUFFINS?

To be perfectly honest (although how you can BE perfect if you're honest, I don't know) I was never really a huge fan of the Animaniacs. At that time, I much preferred The Tick, X-Men cartoons and Life With Louis. (And what a great little subversive show THAT was! "Wear the skirt! Wear the skirt!" and "I TOLD you I could eat a whole stick of butter!") But Ed's rendition lent this song a little charm and I'm a sucker for a patriotic bird.
Nice going, Ed darlink! Kudos all around! (And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been running behind lately!)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Aunt Ru. Yep, 1992 and the start of Fox TV/Fox Kids here. I've got both good and bad memories from that year. But as for the TV lineup... I watched it almost all and loved it. From "Spoon!" to tracing after that red-clad lady criminal to Spidey and the X-Men to the first cries of "Morphenaomenal". That year also brought us Cartoon Network, though they've had a language identity crisis since premiering. Glad you enjoyed this, I've got a few surprises in my moldering mind for this month, so stay tombed.
*Crypt Keeper cackle.