Calling all Disney Puppeteers!!!

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Hey -

Scrapsflippy here looking for other Disney employed puppeteers, past and present.

How many of us are on this forum?

Post away!

To get the ball rolling, I'm at "Playhouse Disney - Live On Stage" at Disney's California Adventure. I've been there since October '03.

(I'd also like to hear from other theme park puppeteers - Universal, Knott's, whatever!)

-- Scraps

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hmm...tries to think if he's ever puppeteered at a theme park

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Nope, I left Disney at the end of Spring '04. I've toyed around with the idea of going back (if they'd have me) but I can't get around the economics of the situation.

I had a great time whilst there, and still have friendships I made with fellow puppeteers.

My "real" name is Andrew Moore (ScrapsFlippy is my middle name :wink: ). I was a track two (which back then was Pop, Billy, the Gorilla and Eeyore. I'm not sure how that's changed with the addition of Jo-jo's Circus and the deletion of Rolie Polie Olie) and a Bear. Near the end of my "tenure" I did Bear more often than track two.

I kind of secretly hope that this MHC audition in September has something to do with a new show at Disneyland. I'd love to get paid AGVA rates to play with the Muppets all day, hang out in the green room working on my own projects, and having free access to the parks for me and my wife.

Nice work if you can get it!

-- Scraps

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Long, long ago I was offered the opportunity to go work at WDW, but the money wasn't good enough to make that journey. I think back then it was $4.25/hour, and I was making way more than that.