Calling And Talking To Sesame Workshop Experiences.

Bridget

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, but why would they ask you to contact Sesame Workshop over a DVD? Well let me ask first of all, what was your question?

And just one more little question. Why would you make up your mind to not buy anymore Sesame products because of one employee's negative attitude? I mean, it's not like she run's anything really. But of course if you've made up your mind not to, then that's your choice I suppose! :concern:

dinoboy

Reaction score
Once again, I was only following the advise of WNET13, as they had the number for the workshop and advised me to speak to that person. I didn't know who to speak to. Maybe I was given bad advise on who to talk to with my questions or comments on Sesame Workshop products that I've purchased, and 0bviously spoke to the wrong person. I'm sure that she's gotten lots of phone calls from other customers with concerns, comments, complaints and questions about their products they've purchased for their kids. Maybe they needed to address an important concern of, is this toy safe for my child? Or perhaps another product of theirs had been faulty and their child had gotten hurt or injured by it. There had been times I've heard on the news that various Sesame Street figures and toys had been recalled, as very young children had choked on various parts of the toy, or they had parts that can easily be taken off, or maybe something involving a chemical found in the paint used to paint a playset that had been toxic. Naturally when things like that happen, the Workshop will be responsible.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But you still are not telling us what was wrong with the DVDs or why you needed to contact them in the first place. Maybe if we knew what your problem was we would not be so skeptical or could point you in the right direction

dinoboy

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, but why would they ask you to contact Sesame Workshop over a DVD? Well let me ask first of all, what was your question?

And just one more little question. Why would you make up your mind to not buy anymore Sesame products because of one employee's negative attitude? I mean, it's not like she run's anything really. But of course if you've made up your mind not to, then that's your choice I suppose! :concern: [/quote]

dinoboy

Reaction score
If you got to Sesame Workshop.org. and type sherrie-westin, you'll see exactly whom she is, as well as a photo of herself. My DVD's were fine and nothing was wrong with them. I had a question to see if there were any CD's they made of the soundtrack of the Old School DVD's, like the honky-tonky piano tune of the Mad number painter. She got mad when I told her of my fandom of a tv show they used to air, as I had also purchased the DVD's of the show as well. She doesn't like to hear of things like that, as she may think you're attempting to profit from it. It was a very scary experience that just crushed me and broke me up, as I really enjoyed their products and just wanted to feel happy about the things I enjoyed in life. I'm also getting help from my therapist, whom is assisting me to deal with my symptoms of anxieties and depression. And drawing can help relieve a person form suffering from those symptoms and it's very therapeutic as well. And as for my Dinotopia drawing I have on display as my avatar, Mr. James Gurney the creator of Dinotopia, he already has a copy of the same drawing I sent to him, and he thanked me kindly for my kind sketch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dude, now you're starting to sound like you're making all of this up.

"I called Sesame Workshop, I didn't have any problems, I just wanted to ask a question, they got mad at me, my feelings got hurt, now I'm in therapy because they made me depressed".

Really?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If you got to Sesame Workshop.org. and type sherrie-westin, you'll see exactly whom she is, as well as a photo of herself. My DVD's were fine and nothing was wrong with them. I had a question to see if there were any CD's they made of the soundtrack of the Old School DVD's, like the honky-tonky piano tune of the Mad number painter. She got mad when I told her of my fandom of a tv show they used to air, as I had also purchased the DVD's of the show as well. She doesn't like to hear of things like that, as she may think you're attempting to profit from it. It was a very scary experience that just crushed me and broke me up, as I really enjoyed their products and just wanted to feel happy about the things I enjoyed in life. I'm also getting help from my therapist, whom is assisting me to deal with my symptoms of anxieties and depression. And drawing can help relieve a person form suffering from those symptoms and it's very therapeutic as well. And as for my Dinotopia drawing I have on display as my avatar, Mr. James Gurney the creator of Dinotopia, he already has a copy of the same drawing I sent to him, and he thanked me kindly for my kind sketch.
Hi my name is Dwayne and, I want to first off say I understand your fandom of Sesame Street, and I hope that if this whole thing dose not turn you against the show or it's products.
There are a lot of different ways to find the answers that you seek without having to contact Sesame Workshop. The Workshop is a very busy place, and as far as I know they do not have a consumer products hotline or E-mail address that fans and buyers can contact to ask questions. Most of Sesame's products are produced by other company's such as Fisher Price and Warner Bros. Home Video. Which normally have both phone, and E-mail that you can contact to ask questions, or make comments.
As far as a soundtrack for the Old School DVD's I was looking through Muppet Central's store and found that there was some made, plus if you buy from the MC store a portion of the sell goes back the site. I'm going to post a link to the store because it can be a bit tricky to find if you don't know what your looking for.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/shop/index.shtml

I hope this helps!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The sad thing about the whole thing is that it could have all been avoided. This website, and other Muppet fan websites have a lot of great information for younger or new Muppet/Henson fans. They just have to know where to look, and it may need to be easier for them to find.