Can anybody please explain to me about this skit?

Dantecat

Reaction score
:confused: Do you remember this Vintage Muppet Skit:When there was an Anything Muppet that looked like Big Jeffy(One of The Monotones that has the stuffed beard from Little Jerry's Band)and The Two Female Anything Muppets that sing a song about Trash and what Happens is That You See a Cameo of Cookie Monster where he Throws an Empty Box of Cookies on The Ground and he picks it up when he gets told and There was also a Cameo of Grover where he Throws A Paper Airplane and he get's told what do like Cookie Monster Did.Both of them did it During The Song.Can Anybody please tell me The Name of The Song,The Year it was made when It was New a very long time ago,and The Lyrics if you Can??? Thanks! :wink:

Dantecat

Reaction score
I even did see it on Plaza Sesamo at least a couple of time's.But I really like to know What's The Name of The Song,The Year it was made and The Lyrics Because This is a really good song.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I don't know the title either, but I've seen it on PS as well and I think it's the anti-litter anthem "The Garden" as heard on the LPs "Sesame Street 2" and "Let A Frown Be Your Umbrella". The lyrics might have been different though, I never know.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
I don't know the title either, but I've seen it on PS as well and I think it's the anti-litter anthem "The Garden" as heard on the LPs "Sesame Street 2" and "Let A Frown Be Your Umbrella". The lyrics might have been different though, I never know.
I think he's right; I've been repeating the words to "The Garden" with the PS clip's music, and they're about the same (some of the words: "mar" and "pececitos" appear in the English version: "sea" and "little fish", but they changed some of the Spanish lyrics to compensate the translation). Score one for Boober-Gorg!!

According to the Sesame Street Lyrics Archive, it's written by Joe Raposo, but the clip you've described seems to be around 1971 (third season).

I love that song :big_grin: ...

ssetta

Reaction score
I have never seen this on PS. Was it the original with Oscar and Susan? They didn't usually have segments with humans.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Nope. It was sung by Big Jeffy (with a green nose, and a headband instead of a hat), and was most likely performed by Jerry Nelson. He sang it with two hippie backup singers (one was lavendar with a small orange nose, long black hair, a dashiki, and a red headband; the other looked like a lavendar-nosed Little Jerry, but with a dark brown perm instead of orange yarn-hair. Both singers had oval vertical eyes). Cookie entered after the first verse, and Grover did after the second. During the "messes up me", Big Jeffy shouted at poor Grover and scared him away!

Dantecat

Reaction score
Thanks!Do you the name of the song and what year was it?

Splurge

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Thanks!Do you the name of the song and what year was it?
I'm pretty sure it's "The Garden". The tune is almost exactly the same as on the Sesame Street 2 album. Judging by the look of Cookie Monster and Grover, I'd say this skit was probably as early as the third season. It very well may have been sung on the street in the 2nd season, hence the song being on the album, but in this scene it looks like a third-season Cookie Monster.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Ssetta,Anybody,Do you guys have this segment?Is on an MP3 I could find it on?