Can anyone tell me who this kangaroo puppet is?

airwalk

Reaction score
I bought a box of puppets at a yard sale awhile back and this cutie didn't have a name (just made by Knickerbocker). I've started selling all my stuff, and when I got to him I couldn't find mention of him online anywhere. I thought it was Rizzo at first, but he has a pouch so I'm guessing no. HELP!!

Sexy kangapuppet!

Another pic!

Gasp!!!

Taking a nap!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Doesnt look like any particular licensed character.I think it is just a general kangaroo puppet.

airwalk

Reaction score
On one side of the tag, it says, "A Jim Henson Muppet Puppet" ... on the other, it says "Knickerbocker Toy Company". It wouldn't have Jim Henson on it if it wasn't licensed, would it? Or are there knock-offs that have that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't rully know. BTW: If you could though, would appreciate a more complete description of what this kangaroo puppet looks like.
Thanks, have a good night.

airwalk

Reaction score
First off, his tail is THICK. The pouch is pretty big, but it has a small hole in the bottom of it (it looks like it was made that way -- it doesn't look like a tear). He really looks like a rat in the face.. cute little ears, slender nose.. the ball of his nose is black. Are there any other pictures I could take to show you better?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, but thanks. Prefer textual descripts given that I'm partially blind, and my degree of blindness doesn't rully let me see photos on a computer screen.

There's something that's confusing me about this kangaroo puppet though. Is it a male puppet or a female puppet? Cause when you listed it as a "Sexy Kanga puppet", I thought it was a female.
Oh well... Have a good weekend.

airwalk

Reaction score
I'm VERY sorry -- I didn't realize. I tried to have the puppet in a sexy pose -- as far as I know, the puppet is male. Its fur is two shades of brown.. its belly is a very light brown, and the rest of it is more of a chocolate brown. Its ears are about two inches high, and the insides of them are also brown (darker than the belly and lighter than the rest of the puppet). The inside of its mouth is red and its tongue looks like a pink heart. Lastly, the pouch is the same color as the belly, and it's wide enough that you could sit a coke can inside it. Like I said.. as far as I know, the puppet is a male. Sorry again for not describing it better, and THANK YOU for being patient with me. :smile:

DTWolf

Reaction score
I don't know the character, but . . .

Um, y'know, uh--if it has a pouch, it's pretty much gotta be female. Unless the toy makers were really confused.

But I have no idea who that is. If you hadn't mentioned the tag saying "Jim Henson" on it, I would've said it didn't even look like a Muppet (those aren't very Muppety eyes). But there are a number of Henson shows I've never seen (like Mopatop, the Hoobs, and Mother Goose) and some I've seen very little of (Animal Jam). I don't suppose the tag lists a year with the copyright? That might help narrow things down.

muppetperson

Reaction score
airwalk said:
On one side of the tag, it says, "A Jim Henson Muppet Puppet" ... on the other, it says "Knickerbocker Toy Company". It wouldn't have Jim Henson on it if it wasn't licensed, would it? Or are there knock-offs that have that?
Tags can be cut off official products and sewn onto something else.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No... Thank you for taking the time to write a full descript of the puppet you have Airwalk.
Have a good day.