Can someone please help identify this toy?

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I had this cool insect-like space helmet when I was a kid, and I don't remember what it was called. If anyone else had it, or knows what it was called, I would greatly appreciate some information. I posted it on the ebay forum, but nobody has responded. The first pic shows it in the original box. The second is a goofy little kid (me) wearing it. It is from 1981. Thanks
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/CMB_76/SpaceHelmet.jpg

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ha ha, cute pics.

We're about the same age, so I thought I might know what it was...

but I don't. Sorry! Looks pretty cool though. Looks like some sort of bad guy helmet though. Actually kinda reminds me of the Rocketeer. :halo:

superfan

Reaction score
That's quite the freaky lookin' thing. haha! Too bad the words on the original packaging are blurred, eh?
I'm close to your age and I haven't a clue! Do you still have it?
Good luck...I hope someone can identify this for you!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
not close to your age.. but i had those PJs!

::silence::

ok i'm gone

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Nobody knows what this thing was. I have asked so many people over the years, but I think I was the only one wo had it. It's hard to read in the scan, but the words in the yellow circle on the box say, "Electronic Creature Voice." It had a voice changer like the new Darth Vader helmets. I'm pretty sure it came from the Sears or JC Penny Christmas catalog. I was heavily into space things at that age, and would put that helmet on and fly my Micronauts Hornetroid around the room. No, I don't have it anymore. It disappeared a long time ago with the rest of my toys. Heh, maybe I should start a "post pics of you with your toys" thread. That might be fun.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I want to say it looks like something out of Star Wars; but it looks more like something out of Lost in Space. I dunno.:confused:

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Somehow, I knew that looked like a toy from Sears.
Do you work at Sears? Maybe they have some vintage catalogs around somewhere.

superfan

Reaction score
My mom had a whole whack of vintage (70's to early 90's) Sears catalogues and I loved looking through them front to back....no recollection of it, though.

Oh, and I gave a bunch of them (the catalogues) to a friend a while back.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Fuzzhead said:
Do you work at Sears? Maybe they have some vintage catalogs around somewhere.
No, but I remember seeing all these odd, but yet cool toys there all the time when I was little, and this one reminds me of one of them. I've had a lot of their catalogs over the years, but not anymore, plus, I'm not that old.