Can song lyrics be on the Muppet Wiki?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey all! A thought just occurred to me, and forgive me if this question has been asked and answered in the past. But it occurred to me that just about every Muppet song in existence has a page devoted to it on the Muppet Wiki (MW). It might be a short page that simply directs you to the episode or movie in which it's featured, but there will be at least some information on that song in the database.

My question is, would it be appropriate for these pages devoted to Muppet songs to include lyrics? I just notice that, as I get songs together for podcast episodes and Unplugged song candidates, I can find info on the song on the MW, but then I have to go elsewhere to find the lyrics. That seems kind of silly, don't you think?

I don't want to go writing on all these pages, though, if the idea of lyrics on MW song pages is not a welcome idea. And since I'm betting that people of interest on the MW will probably see this or be referred to this post, I thought I'd pose the question here.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
No you can't post song lyrics on the wiki. The reason for it is to avoid any copyright problems.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Kind of a shame. You can always check the Originall Sesame Street Lyrics Archive for the songs that have been transcribed there and compare against the song if you have it in your records for any discrepancies you may believe exist. Also, I would recommend you ask trusted forum members for help with lyrics. If you have a specific song in mind, there are people here who can help finding that song's wording like ReneeLouvier or BeakerSqueedom, both friends of mine.
Hope this helps Steve.