Can we vote for the Sesame Street figures we want?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if there was a way we could vote on what Sesame Street figures we'd like to see made. We all have our wishlists, but is there someone at Palisades we could send a polite email to with our suggestions?

I wasn't on the Message Board when the first Muppet figures were brought out in 2003, so I'm not sure how Palisades decides on who gets made and who doesn't. These guys do a great job with their figures, and I absolutely cannot wait until Roosevelt Franklin arrives on my doorstep! Wow! Roosevelt!!! :excited:

I'd like to bump up an older thread for one character I'd like to see made:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=260872&postcount=1

I know that (sigh) Elmo will get made...but I know that Palisades will make a lot of really cool characters, too. but can we vote for 'em? And if so, how?

Convincing John

BEAR

Reaction score
maybe a poll can be made somewhere

Convincing John

Reaction score
BEAR said:
maybe a poll can be made somewhere
Yeah. Let's see...

I've seen some of the different polls here on MC for different things. Maybe Phil or one of the other moderators could make one to vote for SS Action Figures?

Or maybe we could post our suggestions for Palisades in one thread, vote, and then maybe email the link to Palisades? I'm not exactly sure of how the process of choosing characters is made by Palisades. That's why maybe a poll or something like that would be a good idea, Bear.

We know that some characters will obviously get made (like the Count, Elmo, Zoe, Telly, Cookie Monster, Snuffy, etc.) because they're popular.

I guess the list I'm currently thinking of would be for "Fan Favorites". These would be characters that would be around Roosevelt Franklin or Guy Smiley's popularity range. Each one could be mixed in with a set of more popular figures, or be OMGCNFO exclusives.

Here's my suggestions:
Twiddlebug family (maybe since they're small, they could be sold like the Mini-Muppets were?)
Bip Bipadotta (hey, you never know, Mahna Mahna made it to mini-form...)
Beautiful Day Monster
Fat Blue (or Mr. Johnson, whichever you prefer...wouldn't the little and big hamburgers be just awesome with this guy for accessories?)
Gladys the Cow
Forgetful Jones (maybe with Buster?)
Frazzle
Rodeo Rosie
Little Jerry (and the Monotones as a pack-in?)
Professor Hastings
Sam the Machine

The list goes on...

Here's two figures I know they'd probably never make, but here's the ideas, just for the fun of it:

Rowlf! The old Sesame Street Rowlf with floppy ears and a head that can turn 360 degrees. Why? So he can turn his head inside the pack-in "Nine Lights!" accessory from the "Sing a Song of Nine" clip!

"The Baker" playset: Comes with a baker that looks like Don Sahlin (was that who played him?) who fits on the top of a staircase with a tray. (You get to choose which dessert accessory you want to put on top). The corresponding microchip from each dessert accessory can link to a little voice chip of Jim Henson (hidden in the baker's tray) saying the number for that dessert. So if you put the ten chocolate layer cakes on the baker's tray, the voice chip plays the audio from that clip: Fanfare..."Ten...chocolate layer...cakes!" Flip a switch near the baker's feet, and he goes tumbling down the stairs!

I know they'd never make the Baker, but it's fun to think about anyway.

Convincing John

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think it is likely that palisades will have a voting contest for what figure gets released. Some of what has been released in the Muppets line (as well as other palisades releases) were based on what many fans had asked for. Palisades did have a contest where everybody nominated and then voted for a pack-in figure, and the prize woudl be for that figure to be released sometime this year, but poor retail support has prevented that pack-in from being in the muppets line (the winner was a cow, and there have been cows on Sesame Street, so it could still be made).

However, I would vote for herry Monster, Biff, Sully, Sam The Robot, bruno, and Fat Blue to be made.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to vote for a main character. Even though they are most likely to get made, maybe there could be a vote for which main character should be ins eries three. If I had a vote for the two major characters in series three, I would vote for Cookie Monster and regular Grover.