Can you picture THIS?

Marky

Reaction score
Okay - I've got the Muppets, Music, etc. CD in my car, see. And I'm listening to my fave Mayhem track, "Can You Picture That?".

All of a sudden a weird thought pops into my head... Imagine if Aerosmith did a cover of it. Steven Tyler wailing like :big_grin: , :sing: or even :flirt: 's part. The lyrics even don't seem too far out of sonmething off of the Nine Lives CD.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Has anyone else had a weird vision (or audism) like this? Have I finally lost it due to our @#$% winter weather up here???

MrsPepper

Reaction score
lol! I don't think I've lost it quite yet, but now that you mention it, Steve Tyler would make a sweet Floyd. :big_grin:

Frogster

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd have to agree; that would totally rock! I've always thought about what "current" pop singers reminded me of Dr. Teeth, Floyd and Janice... I'd say the lead singer from Smashmouth reminds me of Dr. Teeth, Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray reminds me of Floyd, and Janice reminds me of Alanis Morisette.

Marky

Reaction score
Yeah, I see what you mean, Frogster. Still, I may be old at 33, but I dunno if in 2006 I'd use current in the same sentance as Smahmouth or Sugar Ray, or even my hometown's Alanis. That's like sooooooo 1997!

:wink:

p.s., Hey Mrs. Pepp, that's some weird site you got there!

Frogster

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I put quotes around the word current. I just put them on there because they're still good singers to me!

Marky

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Yeah, that's why I put quotes around the word current. I just put them on there because they're still good singers to me!
Yeah, yeah, I know! I'm just ribbit (ahem) ribbin ya!

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I could also picture "They Might Be Giants" doing a cover of an Electric Mayhem Song

Marky

Reaction score
Yeah, so can I - in an REM or Weezer kind of way. With them, y'know?
The thing about the Aerosmith doing 'Can You Picture That' - it was a thought of it goin' down within their own context - without any direct allusion or reference to the source material. Just another track on a CD type thing.

Reaction score
That's an intresting idea. I had never really thought about it before, but I can see that. Excellent observation. :smile:

Marky

Reaction score
It does sort of have a Tyler Vibe. You know hisfunky singing-rapping thing he does?

cue music:
Oooh Yeah! Whooo-wak-ka-ka-ka-kow