Cancelling Cable?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I loved Jetix, even though I've seen a lot of hatred towards the block for taking up nearly the entire channel near the end. I've even considered getting a tattoo of the little Jetix mascot. It was like a reincarnation of Fox Kids and early Kids WB. All they needed was to add Freakazoid to that lineup and I'd have been in heaven. Not to mention I'm sort of a fangirl of Brian Donovan, the Jetix announcer. It made me really ticked off when he got replaced. He put so much energy into the promos. He made me get excited about what was coming up next. This other guy is no where near as good. He couldn't announce his way out of a wet paper sack!

As far as Jetix goes... dude... we are NEVER going to get anything half as amazing as the original European Jetix was. Imagine Fox Kids if it had it's own channel. If we had that sort of Jetix, Gadget and the Gadgetinis would have actually aired in the US. While, not as good as the original, it is a pretty good series. In fact, a LOT of concepts were stronger than the original show (Dr. Claw not being the only villain in the series). But our Jetix was a halfbaked, meh excuse for adding action to Toon Disney's line up. Again, Jetix Europe airs EVERYTHING.... from Anime to European cartoons... stuff we can't see in the US because there's no where to put it.

The thing is, there are two people making the decisions there now. One of them wants CN to go back to its roots, the other doesn't.

They basically have to compromise all the time. They seem to have started to get back on the right track though with some of the new programming; "Regular Show" for starters, which IMO is one of the best things that's EVER been on that channel.
Ah... okay... so I stand corrected. Only one HALF of the ownership is a head up the butt, Disney Channel wannabe, trust fund baby. Still, I want his next words to be "Do you want fries with that?" I understand his misguided faith in live action programming on CN (which everybody everywhere hates, it was a stupid idea, and all those shows BOMBED)... but the programming IS pathetic. A failed Fox game show that Fox only bothered with because everyone else was watching either Survivor or NBC's Thursday Night line up and felt they didn't need to compete with something expensive or good. Come to think of it, when they started the CN For Reals line up, most of the shows were ripoffs of 5 + year old long canceled Discovery Kid's shows.

beau

Reaction score
The situation there is a bit interesting.

Stuart Snyder is the one who came up with CN Real, but he flat-out admitted at this year's upfront that it was a huge mistake. Since then, none of the live-action on the channel is any of his doing. The recent LA-programming was the idea of the other guy (his last name is Sorcher - I currently forget his first name).