Can't get to MC Forum from MC Home

muppetperson

Reaction score
I cant get directly into the forum.Usually, I can just click the forum tab and I can go there without having to log in.But now it is prompting for my user name and password without going there, and even when I do enter the details and click OK, it just loops.
I found a way to bypass the glitch by first clicking the News tab, and then clicking the forum tab.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i want to say that it could be an april fools bit but im not sure.

Slackbot

Reaction score
You can also click the forum link on the bottom of the main page, or go to forum.muppetcentral.com manually.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I cant get directly into the forum.Usually, I can just click the forum tab and I can go there without having to log in.
This should be updated now. This affected the April Fool's menu. Please post here if you experience any issues.

David French

Reaction score
Login problem

The following problem has only just occurred to me. I went to access the forum by clicking on the forum link on the Muppet Central banner. When I did, a pop-up box appeared asking me to enter my login name and password; this is the same type of box that you'd get if you belonged to the Members section of an Adult site.

I went to the News section and clicked on the forum link from there and got taken straight to the forum without the box appearing. What's going on here?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The following problem has only just occurred to me. I went to access the forum by clicking on the forum link on the Muppet Central banner. When I did, a pop-up box appeared asking me to enter my login name and password; this is the same type of box that you'd get if you belonged to the Members section of an Adult site.

I went to the News section and clicked on the forum link from there and got taken straight to the forum without the box appearing. What's going on here?
The old flash coding from years back does that, but it shouldn't be doing it now. I'd clear the cache and refresh the page. Otherwise it might be a problem happening internationally. I don't know what it could be. Nothing's changed from the Flash source files for years.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. The Remembering Jim menu is up. It must have been after midnight where you are. That wasn't mentioned and that's definitely the source of the problem. You're not crazy. It doesn't work here either.

I think something was remedied by Phillip on the server side of things years ago, but MC recently changed servers. He'll have to recode the workaround or none of the menus will work. I'd help, but have retired from creative duties here. He fixed it before, he can fix it again without my help. :wisdom:

muppetperson

Reaction score
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago and then phillip said it was fixed.it is now happening to me again and I have logged in the same way, by clicking on News first and then forum.This is getting annoying now and will be scaring off guests from viewing the forum.It is an unsecure way of giving your password and if it happens again, I dont think I will be back.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The following problem has only just occurred to me. I went to access the forum by clicking on the forum link on the Muppet Central banner. When I did, a pop-up box appeared asking me to enter my login name and password;
This issue has been corrected as of 8 am CST this morning. It shouldn't happen again for any of our home page holiday or birthday menus. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.