Cantus Appreciation Thread

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
Because he needed one.

Cantus is, without QUESTION, my favorite secondary fraggle character. Not only was he performed by my favorite muppeteer (RIP JIM HENSON!!!), but he also performed my all-time favorite Fraggle song: Let me be your song. He's like a guru to the fraggles: a being that has traveled farther and learned more than any other creature, and who is willing to dispense his wisdom to those who will listen.

What are your thoughts on Cantus, and for that matter, the rest of the minstrels?

Skye

Reaction score
I really like Cantus a lot. He's wise, he's sweet, he's... philosophical, hehe. I love his many lines like that. I love how, like you said, he dispenses his wisdom to the fraggles. That's one of my favorite things about him. Not to mention "Let Me Be Your Song." I love closing my eyes and just listening to that song... it takes me away. And I do love the rest of the minstrels, too, but obviously they're not as front and center as Cantus is. But I love Murray, he's so groovy! The episodes with Cantus and the minstrels are always some of my favorites! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
He really makes too much sense in all his..Well, lets say akwardness.:big_grin:

zns

Reaction score
Cantus is one of my favorite characters that Jim plays. He's so wise and all-knowing, he's like a religious leader for the Fraggles. I also like Convincing John as well.

Davina

Reaction score
I really like Cantus as well.. the minstrels were always fun additions to any episode they were in...
heck.. I even named one of our pet mice after him.. (ok, I also have/had a Philo, Gundge, Flange, Langford, Modem, Flubberduck and Sprockett...)

Pork

Reaction score
Cantus has gotta be one of my favourites too. His Mysterious and invisible line cracks me up. Hahahahahahhahaha

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
"Let Me be your Song" is in my top five Fraggle songs, and it is arguably one of the signature songs of the entire series. I always liked Cantus's character; he was a musician, and I was just starting to learn to play piano and sing when I was watching the show, so I probably felt a special connection to Cantus in that way. In some ways, Cantus and the minstrels resemble Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, if you think about. At least it does when I think about it. Maybe I'm just crazy.

:smile:

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well I really like Cantus very much because he is all knowing and so wise!

Hubert

Reaction score
Yaay! Cantus has an appreciation thread. To show how much I love Cantus, instead of speaking about him, I'll give you two examples about him in my daily life:

1. One time for a school project, we were creating characters in a medievalish setting. (Yes, I just added -ish to medieval.) I needed a name for mine, so I named it Cantus. Plus, I even made the character want to become a traveling musician.

2. I just noticed that a red line appeared under the word Cantus while typing this post. So I added his name to my computer dictionary. And now Cantus is a word, as it rightfully should be.