1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Cantus Rock Turns 30 Posts Old!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cantus Rock, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yippie! I am now a Member! WooHoo! I wear the title with pride. Thank you all for giving me posts to reply to, thus boosting my number and getting me to the place I am today, a Member!

:D :D :D :D :D

-Matt
  2. Billy's Girl

Billy's Girl New Member

Well Done Cantus Rock!!!!!!!!!!

Now all you have to do is post enough messages to become a senior member ;)
  3. grail

grail New Member

membership has it's privilages...

i don't know what they are yet, but it does!
  4. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Hehe, well, the people here are good people. I'm sure there will be enough chatter from me that I'll be a senior member before Muppetfest! :) That's my goal. How many posts does that take?

-Matt
  5. grail

grail New Member

i'm wondering if i'll EVER get to that point...and i talk incessantly!
  6. Billy's Girl

Billy's Girl New Member

Considering you are 450 messages ahead of me I think it is safe to say you will definitly be a senior member before I am!!
  7. grail

grail New Member

i wanned to put some variation of "your only as old as you feel" but the joke escapes me...

if it can get away now, i'd hate to see what happens when i do become "senior"
  8. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

It takes 1000 posts to become a senior member. You've got a long way to go.
  9. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Thanks for that info Harry. And yes, I do have a long way to go. But I believe I can do it before Muppetfest. If not, I shall at least try my hardest. :)

-Matt
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>It takes 1000 posts to become a senior member. You've got a long way to go<<<

aw yes, the sweet taste of member seniority...just a week or so away for moi!
  11. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Before long, I shall join you at the top. Oh yes, people will say "Cantus, how do you expect to get so far up in a short time?" Well my answer is simply: I always have something to say about everything. So basically if I reply to every post, I should be senior in about...a week. :D Hehe

-Matt
  12. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Same here, and I'm only at 139.

Uh, wait....oh yeah, this one is 140!

- Billy :cool:
  13. Jackie

Jackie New Member

It'll take longer than a week my friend... LOL you have to count in the 120 second rule!
  14. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Being a senior member has always been a lifelong dream of mine. :) Well it started a few weeks ago, but I think I can do it one day.
  15. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yes I know, I was merely kidding around...but I will become a senior member, and it will be soon. :D

-Matt
  16. Joseph

Joseph New Member

It all depends on how many hours a day you will spend glued to this board.
  17. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Well...I check periodically during the day only making reply posts (such as this one). Then at night (which is when my life really starts), I'm on from 11pm-3am. So during that time I get anywhere from 15-25 posts in. Sometimes more, depending on the topics of the evening. So if I stay in the progression, I'd say I'll be up there pretty soon :)

-Matt
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>So during that time I get anywhere from 15-25 posts in. Sometimes more, depending on the topics of the evening. So if I stay in the progression, I'd say I'll be up there pretty soon<<<

Aw, yeah...youve definately got a ways to go. The thing is not to fall into the trap of just making tons of muffin posts(see to muffin or not to muffin for explanation) which looks like cheap post points.

Now I have a question Mr. anti-hot topic. What if they released a Cantus plush to Hot Topic exclusively? Would your anti Hot Topic stature preclude ya from making a trip to the nearest Hot Topic?
    Believe me, Ive been going to HT for 5 years and while 99% of the fashion there is quite lame...oh man have they been getting the sweet Muppet stuff!
  19. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

First of all, I am not anti-Hot Topic. Nor am I anti-alternative lifestyle, anti-punk, goth or whatever. I am perfectly fine with everyone doing whatever anyone wants to do with their life, as long as I am left alone. That was not the question of the post.

Now, if Hot Topic was to release a Cantus plush, of course I would get it. I'm not against Hot Topic, in fact I think its good that some place is releasing Muppet stuff for the Muppet-fanatics. It is the people who shop and wear the merchandise who are heroine addicted imps, who's brain has been fried beyond salvation wearing muppet stuff that bothers me. See, while everyone in that thread has fond memories of nice gothic people and smart, award-winning punks, around here the goths and punks are scum. I've met and talked to them, and they are truely full-fledged bottom feeders. That is the point of view I have, because the goths and punks here are the only ones I've been exposed to.

Now I've been really good about keeping my opinions to myself around here, being that I want to fit in and be just another one of the guys. So if you'd be kind enough to drop the subject I'd be most appreciative, or at the very least keep it in the thread it was started in, and not run it into other posts of mine. I understand your anger or at least your need to lash out at me in the last thread, but its over now and I'd like to keep it that way. In any case if you need to debate the subject further with me, my email address is:

themantischild@aol.com

I'd like to keep anything negitive on my behalf off the board.

I think your a cool guy Cory, I really do. I respect you. But I think you look down on my because of my opinions, and that just makes me feel bad. I'd like the previous to be a dead issue.

Thank You.

-Matt
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>I think your a cool guy Cory, I really do. I respect you. But I think you look down on my because of my opinions, and that just makes me feel bad. I'd like the previous to be a dead issue<<<

Ok man, I think you just may have me agreeing with you...as oh boy I do have some issues about the kids on the street that hassle me for change on the streets of san francisco when I walk by. So ya dont have a problem with the store, just the people. Cantis, you werent expecting this, but I would kind of agree.
    Sure I dress a little off, but the whole tattooed pierced hip alterna culture thing is a bit passe.

Heh...see, so you were feeling bad for no reason, as I would have to agree...^)^