Captain Breakfast

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Remember the skit about Captain Breakfast?
The Super-hero whose job was to make sure kids ate a satisfying and healthy breakfast.
Recall how he tried to persuade a little girl to eat breakfast until she finally told him that she didn't want any breakfast because it was time for lunch instead and then he went off in a huff?

That's pretty funny. Actually judging by the style of the puppet and the sound of the voice I can imagine everybody's favourite game show host Guy Smiley as the secret identity of Captain Breakfast. Or maybe I'm just trying to read something into it.:big_grin: In any case since the character only seemed to ever make the one appearance it hardly seems worthwhile trying to speculate it out.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Do you suppose Captain Breakfast and Captain Vegetable would get along well with Super-Grover?
The thought crossed my mind that maybe if there were any other super hero muppets on SESAME STREET maybe they could have their own muppet Justice League of America?:big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've read that captain Breakfast was performed by Brian Meehl, not Jim Henson, so Guy Smiley probably wasn't his true identity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I haven't seen that skit in a long time. But I still remember it fondly. But yeah, maybe Captain Breakfast and Captain Vegetable could make a good superhero team!

Sunrise

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, that was a great skit, and it's where I learned the word "reputation." Because he bursts out in dismay, "You keep saying that! Think of my reputation!" I remember my mom being all impressed when I asked her what that word meant!

fozziefan

Reaction score
This skit scared the crap out of me as a kid. For some reason, alot of those "Guy Smileyesque" puppets really freaked me out.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh yeah! Sesame Street's own Justice League of America! :smile: LOL!

Okay- I'm definitely seeing Captain Breakfast as the cheery, Boy Scout- Superman type.

And then- Captain Vegetable as the darker, grimmer Batman type.

Though- if we were including Super Grover- he'd be the obvious lock for the Superman role. So I guess that would relegate Captain Breakfast to Booster Gold maybe. (think about his "reputation". Both seem to be pretty concerned about it)

By the way, you can see the Captain Breakfast clip online here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2qQeqOwp4JA&search=Captain Breakfast
:big_grin: