Captain Vegetable

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
They have the old clip in the What's the Name of that Song Sesame Street DVD, which is available on Netflix, if anyone wants to see it. **Shameless plug of the day**

zns

Reaction score
I have the episode where CV is performed by Richard Hunt (live-handed version) instead of Jim Henson. In that episode, Big Bird, David, and a little boy are trying to find some foods that begin with the letter C. Suddenly, out of nowhere, in comes Captin Vegitable. To help the others, he bring out a carrot, a head of cabbage, a cucumber, and an ear of corn,. while going off about how delicious they are and how they're good for you. When he's about ready to leave, Big Bird tells him that he can take the vegetables with him, but CV, who is insulted of course, tells them that the veggies should be eaten and not taken away. So in the end he leaves them for Big Bird, David, and the little boy to eat. A little later on in that episode, CV returns to play "One of These Things" with David and a group of kids by using the cabbage, cucumber, carrot, and a class of milk as part of the game.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow! I used to see the Captain Vegetable song (with the Andy and Eddie) all the time- but I don't recall ever seeing street scenes with him. That's pretty cool!:smile:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
i also like that song "my name is eddie, i love spaghetti"

Xerus

Reaction score
zns said:
A little later on in that episode, CV returns to play "One of These Things" with David and a group of kids by using the cabbage, cucumber, carrot, and a class of milk as part of the game.
I remember that skit. After that game, they asked CV what vegetable he wanted to eat, but CV wanted the milk, for he said a guy can't live on vegetables alone.

Xerus

Reaction score
I also remember in the end of an episode, we see a live bunny in a cage chewing a carrot. We hear Captain Vegetable's voice saying, "You like crunchy vegetables too! Maybe one day you'll become a superhero like me. They can call you Captain Bunny Rabbit!"

ISNorden

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember that skit. After that game, they asked CV what vegetable he wanted to eat, but CV wanted the milk, for he said a guy can't live on vegetables alone.
What...the...heck?!? I must have missed the episode where that happened; if only Spaghetti-Eating Eddie had thought of that comeback line...