Captain Vegetable!

Jumpin Jane

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone remember what the original Captain Vegetable wore? I'm trying to put together a Halloween Costume and I can't even find a pic! :flirt:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Jumpin Jane said:
Hey, does anyone remember what the original Captain Vegetable wore? I'm trying to put together a Halloween Costume and I can't even find a pic! :flirt:
As far as I remember he wore a turtleneck and generic superhero cape. He had red hair and you only saw his eyebrows, not his eyes.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
They put that song

They put that song on the "Songs of the Street" box set, I was very happy with that, its so funny! but I have never seen the skit!

camillachick

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
As far as I remember he wore a turtleneck and generic superhero cape. He had red hair and you only saw his eyebrows, not his eyes.
This description is accurate as far as I can remember too. For a partial picture of captain vegetable go to this site:

http://www.musicmerchant.com/5681cd.htm

He is shown here on the cover of a sesame album with Jim Henson and some other muppets. Since they are all in suits he may have one on too, I'm having trouble telling. Don't forget your carrot and celery to complete the outfit! Hope this helps you out.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
wow... hes kinda freakie looking isnt he? lol, but that makes it more funny for the parts where the kids are like "what are you... some kind of weirdo?!""do I look like a weirdo?!" or "Who are you.. some kind of bad dream?!""Do I look like a bad dream?!' so funny... :zany:

Splurge

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
wow... hes kinda freakie looking isnt he? lol, but that makes it more funny for the parts where the kids are like "what are you... some kind of weirdo?!""do I look like a weirdo?!" or "Who are you.. some kind of bad dream?!""Do I look like a bad dream?!' so funny... :zany:
I like this idea. It seems like fun to dress in a superhero cape and bunny rabbit ears. I'd be interested to know if anyone will "get it", before being explained that it was a Sesame Street character.

Jumpin Jane

Reaction score
Will they get it?

Splurge said:
I like this idea. It seems like fun to dress in a superhero cape and bunny rabbit ears. I'd be interested to know if anyone will "get it", before being explained that it was a Sesame Street character.

I hope people get it, but I had to improvise the costume since I couldn't find a good pic. I made a green cape (dark green outside, light green inside) and made a carrot crossed by a celery stalk on the back. For the front of my friends shirt, I made a big carrot on a white triangle (think Superman S) and put a C on the left and a V on the right. I imagine he'll have to explain himself a lot, but he enjoys singing the song, so it's no great loss. Thanks for all your replies!
:big_grin: