Captain Vegetable's only sketch?

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Remember that sketch in the 80's with Captain Vegetable? Really hilarious! Some said he was scary, but he was the best. Was this sketch the only one where Captain Vegetable did? Or did he do any other sketches?

Eddie: "Spaghetti is great...BUT WAIT!!...Who are you?!!! Some kind of a weirdo???"
Captain Vegetable: "Do I look like a weirdo?"
(Eddie quickly nods his head) :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that he also appeared in a street plot, where he was performed by Richard Hunt.

Ziffel

Reaction score
minor muppetz, check out the third annual MC award ceremony thread. You won an award there a little while ago. Just letting you know because I'm not sure if you would have seen it. :smile:

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
Captain Vegetable did in fact appear in 2 episodes voiced by Richard Hunt during the 1983-1984 Season. Though he was supposed to appear in 16 episodes that year, and was going to become a regular on the show. The idea was abandoned for some reason. I guess that's why he is best known for his classic sketch where he is voiced by Jim Henson.

wiley207

Reaction score
Yay, it's in English!

But is it just me, or are most of the rabbits on "Sesame Street" made out of old Anything Muppets? I mean, Captain Vegetable is obviously made out of a Lavender-type Muppet, like Herbert Birdsfoot.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that on youtube, thanks for putting it here.

I believe Richard's the announcer at the beginning. Funny that he says New Jersey of all places, I wonder if it was an ad-lib on the day (he was from there).

Captain Vegetable is one of my favorite Jim Henson characters. It's like he's some random bunny (somewhere in New Jersey) who just decided one day to become a super hero and expects everyone to take him seriously. He's already got all this confidence, even though he's a "new" super hero and clearly no one's heard of him before.

Note: You can see Captain Vegetable turn and wait for the music to start again before the last time he sings, "Three cheers for me!" lol

El Sesame

Reaction score
yeah i remember that sketch!
those were the good ol' days.
although i dont remember ever seeing captain vegetable in more than one sketch.