1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Caroll Spinney (and Oscar) on CNN this morning

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Ol' Buddy Bert, May 12, 2003.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Ol' Buddy Bert

Ol' Buddy Bert New Member

I caught a brief interview with Caroll Spinney this morning on CNN

Not much to report. The interview was not even 5 minutes and it seemed as though the interviewer did more talking than Caroll.

The thing I found most dissapointing was that they kept showing clips of Matt Vogel's performance as Big Bird in Journey to Ernie throughout the entire interview. So here they are introducing Caroll Spinney as the man who performed Big Bird for over 30 years and you're not showing him doing so.

He was also asked about how he came up with the voice for BB. Those questions kind of get at me too...as Frank Oz said the voice is only part of the performance.

Scott
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

It was probably a reporter who doesn't take puppetry very seriously.
  3. Ol' Buddy Bert

Ol' Buddy Bert New Member

well...honestly, I don't think many people really do. Unfortuante.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Puppetry and Cartooning both are under-rated. Mainly because there IS a ton of crap out there which brings down the value of other people's art forms.