Caroll Spinney, Season 40 Article

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Gee, that Obama thing is very interesting indeed. Talk about Six Degrees of Seperation.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Aw yeah,

Now that was a fun interview.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So Sam the Robot was originally performed by Spinney? It sounded like Jerry Nelson to me in his first appearance.

wiley207

Reaction score
So Sam the Robot was originally performed by Spinney? It sounded like Jerry Nelson to me in his first appearance.
In the first appearance I couldn't even tell it was Jerry Nelson OR Caroll Spinney due to the heavy modulation. Heck, even Fran Brill would've done just as good a job with Sam the Robot!

Besides, Jerry Nelson WAS also performing Snuffy at that time (the front half)

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just too bad Sesame Workshop from what I hear has totally screwed Caroll, what was it? A 75% pay decrease. I've heard there's many other things which lead me to suspect corporate heads and *some* others at SW have a very disrespectful attitude toward Spinney.

Since long before I was born, and up until I turned 18, Big Bird WAS Sesame Street, as Kermit IS the Muppet Show. It seems like they've not only tried to edge Big Bird out, but Spinney's prestiege and paygrade. It's just not right.

I keep a framed picture of myself and Spinney on my desk, and I feel so grateful to have gotten to meet such an unbelievably warm, imaginative, creative and gentle soul.

Anyways, I just don't know about Sesame corporate anymore.
Their close ties to the military industrial complex, the layoffs, the Elmofication of everything, etc. bugs me.

Wiseman

Reaction score
So Obama and Carroll Spinney are related. Interesting, I didn't vote for Obama I don't agree with many of his concepts. I won't mention which ones here since the controversy might cause too much arguing. However, I, unlike another conservative who will remain nameless, wish him success as a president. I also respect the man and his office.

zns

Reaction score
So Obama and Carroll Spinney are related. Interesting, I didn't vote for Obama I don't agree with many of his concepts. I won't mention which ones here since the controversy might cause too much arguing. However, I, unlike another conservative who will remain nameless, wish him success as a president. I also respect the man and his office.
Yeah, I'm starting to wish that I had voted for Obama as well. He's been doing pretty well so far from what I've noticed since January. Anyway, this was a great interview with Carroll. I met with him once and he is one of the nicest people you could ever talk to. God bless his soul.

Wiseman

Reaction score
I don't

Yeah, I'm starting to wish that I had voted for Obama as well. He's been doing pretty well so far from what I've noticed since January. Anyway, this was a great interview with Carroll. I met with him once and he is one of the nicest people you could ever talk to. God bless his soul.
Actually, I didn't say that I wish I had voted for Obama, I merely said that I respect the man and his office and wish him success. I still stand by my opinions of his concepts. Now rather than muffining this thread into an argument, I would like to drop this conversation.