1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Caroll Spinney: The Farewell Tour

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by D'Snowth, Feb 11, 2018.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Caroll has evidently started a "farewell tour" this year, beginning with a stop off at the Great Philadelphia Comic Con this spring:

http://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/project/caroll-spinney/

So, if you still haven't had the opportunity to meet Caroll, and you happen to see he'll be in your town, or within close proximity in the months to come, you better take advantage of this, because this may be your last chance!

I'm also going to take this as a further indicator that he will, indeed, officially retire after Season 50.

aVeryBriefCameo and gavry3 like this.
  2. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

HOLY OOF I LIVE CLOSE TO THERE

3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

PLEASE LET HIM MAKE AN APPEARANCE IN ATLANTA..... PLS!!!!

4. I'll make sure to keep everyone updated on new appearances.

5. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Shame to say it, but it's for the best. He wasn't particularly sharp the last appearance I saw him in. Very feeble. He has earned a retirement after all of the work he has done.

6. Where did you see him last?

7. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Interesting. I was just in Philly a few weeks ago. Seems like I just missed him.

8. Well the convention is the end of April, so you didn't miss him yet!

9. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Big Bird had to take an unbelievable toll on his body.

10. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I'm not sure I'll have time to make it down that way in late April, but that would be something to think about.

11. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

And the somewhat uncomfortable way he had to perform Oscar, and both of these characters used to be in practically every episode, mind you.
    It's sad to think that the very thing he loved and dedicated his life to is probably what damaged his body.

Zappetman and Blue Frackle like this.
  12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Well, if he comes back to RI CC then **** it, I'm definitely gonna go for it this time.

If not, eh, life goes on.

13. Pig's Laundry

I need him to come to Texas, he hasn't been here in years! I don't care where in Texas, i'll follow him.

14. Froggy Fool

Carroll Spinney supposedly came to my local library in the summer of 2015; however, me and my family were on a two-month-long trip to the UK, so I missed him. :(

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  15. Pig's Laundry

Aw man, that sucks.

16. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

17. Froggy Fool

Yeah, it was too bad.

I always am SO close to meeting Muppet performers, but then something happens and I can't. :smirk:

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  18. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

At the Museum of Moving Image, for a screening of "I Am Big Bird." So, it was a little while ago now.

Edit: Overall, his body seemed fine. It was his mind that wasn't there. I am sure Big Bird & Oscar put a strain on him, but he didn't seem any less physically fit than a normal man in his 80s typically would be.

19. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I might go since I live close enough to there. I'll update you guys when the time comes.

20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Like I said, when I met him and Debbie at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo back in October, Debbie pushed him around in a wheelchair, and he did seem to have difficulty signing my 40 years book. His face also had cuts and scrapes, as I understand it, he had a pretty nasty fall prior.

MrBloogarFoobly likes this.