Carroll Spinney and Kevin Clash just won Emmys

MrsPepper

Reaction score
About 5 minutes ago on the Daytime Emmys, Kevin Clash and Carroll Spinney tied for an award for Children's Performer. It was announced that there were two winners, and they were called up one at a time. The first was Kevin going up with Elmo, making a little speech in his own voice and saying Hi as Elmo, and he talking about how he watched the show as a kid, and how he was glued to the screen trying to figure out how to make a Muppet, and now he has been a performer for 25 years. Then, the other winner, Carroll, was announced and went up with Oscar! He made a joke saying that it was his turn to talk and Oscar would have to wait, or something along those lines. He thanked Joan Cooney. It was adorable. I didn't tape it so I can't remember much more, but that covers most of it. Congrats you guys! :grouchy:

(The other nominee was Levar Burton for Reading Rainbow.)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh man, I can't believe I missed it!

Yay Carroll and Kevin! Glad it was a tie. :smile: :smile:

Aw, but too bad Levar couldn't win too!

SSLFan

Reaction score
LeVar Burton? Man, he's awsome too.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I just read this.. I wonder how Oscar feels about winning :grouchy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh wooooow! That is FANTASTIC! Both Caroll AND Kevin won! That's great! Two of the most talented puppeteers on the show. Awesome. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. Congrats you guys!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Oh wooooow! That is FANTASTIC! Both Caroll AND Kevin won! That's great! Two of the most talented puppeteers on the show. Awesome. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. Congrats you guys!

Yeah, they play Big Bird and Elmo, and they are considerd the stars of the show.:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
I am so upset and so happy at the same time! HAPPY that Kevin and Carroll BOTH won and UPSET because I MISSED IT! I can't believe it! I hope I can find a video clip of this somewhere/somehow. It is just so incredible that they both won. Elmo and Big Bird sharing the glory together. Beautiful! I am happy for both of them. Well deserved.