Carroll Spinney reveals secrets!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I just bought and finished the new CARROLL SPINNEY autobiography, and I must say that it is an invaluable source of Sesame Street trivia and little-kown facts.

A must for any SS fan.

For instance, if you read this, (and you can in one night, it's only 160 pages), you'll find out:

SPOILERS:

1) Why Oscar went from orange to green
2) How they expalned Oscar's color transformation on the show
3) Whether or not the original orange Oscar exists
4) The diagnostics of how to operate the original Big Bird and the current Big Bird
5) Who played Oscar's legs whenever he moved around in his trash can (a very famous person!)
6) Why orange Oscar was such a b-tch to perform
7) Where the locations are of the original Sesame studio, the original Muppet workshop, and the current Muppet workshop
8) The true relationship between Carroll and Jon Stone

and much much more!!!

Hays

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the review! I'm very excited about it - I've been in awe of him since I was little.

I'm waiting to buy mine at the booksigning (which, thanks to Boober_Gorg's post on your original thread, I found at
http://carollspinney.netfirms.com/docs/booktour.html)

He'll be signing books in NY, Boston, Acton MA, Atlanta, Chicago, LA and San Fran in a few weeks!

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
If you have not purchased and read this book, do so! Not only has this book inspired me to not give up my dream of doing something professional with my art and puppet skills, but it gives little insights on how to improve those skills from the masters themselves (namely Spinney and Henson).

Awesome piece of work.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, I made my mind up to buy this book the minute I heard it had come out. And, hopefully, soon, my mom says I can order it.

:grouchy: <--It's a good thing.

Hays

Reaction score
Don't miss this - you probably won't get another chance!

If you have a chance to see him live, don't miss it. I was stuck in Chicago rush hour traffic for 3 hours, and I consider it well worth it. He's also making appearances on TV, both nationally and locally. Check the TV section of this forum to see if he's on in your area.

My favorite story at the booksigning: He was scheduled to go on the Mr. Rogers show, and Mr. Rogers sent him a script where he takes off the Big Bird costume and shows how it works. He called Mr. Rogers, and spent quite some time arguing with him, as he is adamant that children be allowed to believe in fantasy, and Mr. Rogers is apparently equally adamant that children be told the truth. They finally agreed that Big Bird would visit the Land of Make-Believe, but Caroll Spinney would not. He said he couldn't believe he was on the phone arguing with Mr. Rogers!