Caught by a GORG!

Frogster

Reaction score
Hey Fraggle Fans,
I'm new to the forum, and I was wondering how many times the fraggles have been caught-or almost been caught- by a gorg, starting with the first episode to the last. I'm a huge fan of the episodes when the gorgs and fraggles interact, so I thought this would be a fun challenge. I myself have seen my share of episodes, but not every one. If someone out there can conjure up, i'd be impressed. Thank you, and remember to "Keep on Smilin" :excited:

Frogster

Reaction score
Gobo almost gets sqashed in Beginnings, Mokey almost gets caught in Let the Water Run, Gobo, Boober, and Red almost do in Can't do that without a hat, plus, there's The Minstrels, Great Radish Famine, A Friend in Need, Red's Club, Great Radish Caper, Born to Wander, Dark and Stormy Night, and Gorg who would be King that I know of. Anyone else out there want to top that? :smirk:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Here are the others I could think of ...

13. We Love You, Wembley
Junior catches Wembley, but Wembley quickly uses the love potion, which saves him (or does it?).

14. The Challenge
Pa Gorg traps Red, Gobo and Boober under a bucket, but because of Junior's naiveté, they are able to convince him that there's a magic genie under the bucket.

24. New Trash Heap in Town
Gobo has a cast on his leg from being thumped by Junior.

40. Junior Sells the Farm
Mokey and Red are the only Fraggles that appear in this episode, and they spend most of it inside Junior's cage.

43. Doomsday Soup
Boober gets picked up by Junior, who thinks he's a talking radish (because he's invisible, but holding a radish).

53. Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe
Gobo and Mokey pose as salt and pepper shakers in Ma Gorg's kitchen.

64. The Battle of Leaking Roof
Mokey goes to extremes to rescue Boober's hat when he loses it after being found by Ma Gorg.

66. Bored Stiff
Junior objects to Pa's plan to exterminate Fragglekind, so he and Gobo work together to change Pa's mind.

73. Sidebottom Blues
Junior almost gets them, when "Dr. Fun" hypnotizes him. :big_grin:

75. Junior Faces the Music
Junior needs five Fraggle witnesses to see him play the Royal Kazoo.

83. Boober Gorg
Boober thinks he's a Gorg, and so do Ma and Pa, so Boober is able to trick his friends into falling victim to his trap.

84. Mirror, Mirror
Mavis the mirror helps Red and Ma Gorg become friends.

88. The River of Life
The Gorgs get ahold of Boober when they think the Fraggles are the cause of their water pollution.

Frogster

Reaction score
Wow, that was excellent! What happened though, in the episodes labeled The Garden Plot, The Trash Heap Moves, and Capture the Moon? :confused: That was well-described! You know, everytime I see a new episode, it's beyond amazing to me. Like a new gift or something. This show impressess me to no end and it's a show that can really be embraced by any generation. It is just so cool! It's amazing that Jim thought of something so complex, but kept it so pure. In our barn, we have a triangular hole that looks so much like the one that leads to Doc's shop. I remember seeing that hole for the first time after I had just watched Beginnings for the first time as a kid. I just started college three days ago, and whenever I think life is more complex than it should be, I find myself singing "Go with the Flow" from Marooned, "Follow Me" from Beginnings, or "Keep on Smilin" from The Secret Society of Poobahs. I have yet to grow out of this faze, and I have this perfectly sculpted show to thank. So, here's to Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, Red, Doc, Sprocket, Marjorie, Philo, Gunge, Uncle Matt, the Gorgs, the Doozers, and everybody else who made this show so perfect. Thanks for putting this blessing on our TVs and in our hearts.

Xerus

Reaction score
I think it's really interesting when Junior is holding onto a Fraggle, he's actually holding onto either a small doll or a remote operated Fraggle miniature. And not the original Muppet.

Brian Damage

Reaction score
That's because of the difference in scale. Gorgs are supposed to be approximately 22 feet tall, Fraggles are about 1/11 of that (around two feet). The Gorgs were filmed human size, so the Fraggles in contact with them had to be miniatures to preserve the sense of scale.

funkydoo

Reaction score
and don't forget us doozers are 3in tall actually i could have grown since then i haven't measured myself but last time i looked i was 3in and a half . i think you forgotton the one where cottonpip doozer wanted to be a fraggle and not a doozer no more because she didn't have her builders hat

baby sinclair

Reaction score
No offense but i hate the doozers they have no point in the show but just to build things.They also slow the episodes down to the point where i wanna turn it off.