Cavemen Story:Toothbrush (1978)

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I know it featured Ernie and Sherlock Hemlock and I know it took place in the cave, but:

1) What happens in this sketch?

2) How is it?

3) If there's ending music in there, how did it go?

Three questions please.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1) What happens in this sketch?
Caveman King Ernie has dingy teeth (despite the fact that we never see them) and asks the royal smart person (Sherlock) to invent a toothbrush. Sherlock ends up inventing several different brushes before inventing the right one, but a saber-tooth tiger snatches it away. ("Mmm, makes my mouth fell all fresh and minty!")

2) How is it?
It's pretty good; it's funny, and uses the core Muppeteers. (Henson, Oz, Hunt, and Nelson are four of them.)

3) If there's ending music in there, how did it go?
There's two versions of music; one was the standard "Caveman music" used with the sketches, and at the end it used some quick piano music (sort of like "chase music").

I think it's in one of the season 25 episodes (the one with "Hans, the Ugly Duckling").

FshyFshyFshy

Reaction score
I remember this episode and it was one of my favorites...but wasn't there also another caveman skit with Ernie? I keep remembering something about squeezing an orange for juice into a glass...could someone help jog my memory as to the details on that one?

Sorry...I just found my answer in a thread below... :embarrassed:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there were a few of them made. the one you're referring to is Ernie's thirsty and wants something to drink. Sherlock finds this orange and somehow they sqeeze it and juice/ orange juice of couse came out of it.