Celebrating Jerry Juhl

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Before I knew who Jerry Juhl was and how he connected with the Muppets, I always wondered who wrote the Muppets' witty dialogue (because they were--and still are--a scream). When I discovered here on Muppet Central that Jerry Juhl was the man behind the words, I'd immediately put him in my book of most memorable heroes. :smile:

I guess you can say that Jerry Juhl inspired me to write Muppet stories, since the one thing that always fascinates me about the Muppets is their dialogue.

I must confess that my screenname, muppetwriter, wasn't named after Jerry Juhl; it was just something that I thought up, after coming up with a lot of names (such as "muppetguy" or "muppetman" or "muppetmaster") that were, unfortunately, already chosen. :frown: I didn't think so much about it (in fact, I kinda wanted to change it after a while), until I discovered that the name "Muppet Writer" was the nickname for the great writer of the Muppets.

I'm proud that I'd chosen to be known as muppetwriter, because now that name really means a lot. And I'm going to make sure that name means as much as it does, ever since Jerry Juhl started writing for the Muppets. Every story that I write here on Muppet Central will be dedicated to Jerry and his excellent work.

God bless you, Jerry. You are still the best Muppet Writer in my book. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Someday I know
We'll meet again
Dont know quite where
And I dont know just when
Youre in my heart
But until then
It's time for sayin good bye.
Actually, I just heard a funny sound from the sky a bit ago, sounded a bit like Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Juhl singing this:

"Together Again"
written by Ralph Burns and Jeff Moss

Kermit:
Together again
Gee, it's good to be together again
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone!
It's not starting over, it's just going on!

Miss Piggy:
Together again
Now we're here and there's no need remembering when.

Fozzie:
Cause no feeling feels like that feeling!

All three:
Together again!

All:
Together again
Gee, it's good to be together again
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone!
It's not starting over, it's just going on!
Dr. Teeth & Floyd:
Together again
Now we're here and there's no need remembering when

All:
Cause no feeling feels like that feeling!
Together-a!
Together-a!
Together-a!
Together again....!
Together again!!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow! That was a really beautiful article. A nice tribute to Jerry Juhl.

(And I thought the jokes at the end were definitely quite silly and funny! :embarrassed: ) :smile: :big_grin:

Spamela

Reaction score
Aww...this is soo sad. I didn't really know who he waz but I pray for the family. :cry:

Melonpool

Reaction score
I was just commenting to the other puppeteers at the dinner last Saturday at how well Jerry Juhl had aged. He will be missed.

Steve

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Juno42 said:
Here it is:

Good One, Jerry

His wife wanted silly things. I hope this is silly enough, and points out what I meant in my last post.

The blue cat's name is Juno. In my senior year I drew a picture of Juno and Kermit together. Jerry took the picture, copied it, took it to a Muppet cast party (I didn't know at the time), and brought it back to me signed! It now has signatures from Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, and Karen Prell, as far as I recall. It's framed, in a box in my room somewhere (I move alot). I'll dig it up sometime and post it somewhere. :smile:
That is an awsome pic that you drew. :excited:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Oh gosh, I didn't hear of this until Alex told me...how sad...:sympathy:

He (I assume) gave Janice so many of her best lines...and probably some great Mokey episodes and material too. Not to mention all the relationships he helped forge between the Muppet characters.

A brilliant, endearing man, and he will be greatly missed...

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, and I just heard about the sad news. Looking back, I just wonder to myself, why does this keep happening? Why do the ones we love have to leave so suddenly? I just don't understand.