1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 28, 2005.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Okay, here ya go...and keep in mind that all of these people are STILL LIVING, so we haven't really "lost" them totally in my opinion.

FRANK OZ--Has retired from all his Muppet characters, but I understand he occassionally goes in to the studio and performs a character if Eric Jacobson (his replacement) is out.
    JERRY NELSON--has retired with the exception of the Sesame Street characters. He is still active on SS performing The Count.
    DAVE GOELZ--Still actively performing for the Muppets as Gonzo, Bunsen and others. He has also taken over as Waldorf.
    STEVE WHITMIRE--has been performing Kermit and Ernie since Jim Henson's death. He also still performs characters such as Rizzo the Rat.
    CARROLL SPINNEY--Is still performing his two Sesame Street characters Big Bird and Oscar.
    MARTIN P. ROBINSON--Performs Telly Monster, Mr. Snuffleupagus and Slimey the Worm.
    FRAN BRILL--She was the first female Muppeteer hired for Sesame Street and has been actively performing Prairie Dawn and Zoe Monster, among others.
    DAVID RUDMAN--a Muppeteer from the early years, he is currently performing on Sesame Street as Baby Bear and has taken over Cookie Monster since Frank Oz's retirement.
    KEVIN CLASH--Plays Elmo, of course, plus other Muppets like Clifford.
    NOEL MACNEIL--another Muppeteer from the earlier years, he is best known as the big shaggy host of Bear in the Big Blue House.
    PAM ARCIERO--performs Grungetta on Sesame Street.
    KAREN PRELL--is now working at Pixar as an animator, but played Red in Fraggle Rock. I am sure she will be returning for the new film.

Hope this helps you.
  2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It is good to see that thier are still some old timers around but it doent make the loss any easier.
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

How come I haven't seen any obituaries or article in the paper about Jerry Juhl? It's the L.A. Times, you would think they'd have something out by now. :attitude:
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have a Favor to ask

If anyone on this site considers sending some sort of E-mail sympathy card to the relatives and employees of Henson, could someone please sign my name for me (Just the Dr. Tooth, or maybe James G.) as I won't be near a computer that much after today.

Thank you.
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

sure thing i am sending a sympathy card to the Studio i''ll al muppet central on there
  6. FAZ

FAZ New Member

Not a good week for the Muppets. First Jerry and now Iger has fired all but 3 people at the Muppet Holding Company.
  7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

**double take**
  8. Kimp the Shrimp

where did you read this
  9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

10. Kimp the Shrimp

man i wonder how Robert Iger will affect the Muppets
  11. FAZ

FAZ New Member

I tried posting about the Iger thing in Muppet Headlines, but it wouldn't let me. If some one else wants to let everyone know, that would probably be a good thing.
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Someday I know
    We'll meet again
    Dont know quite where
    And I dont know just when
    Youre in my heart
    But until then
    It's time for sayin good bye.
  13. Sad day indeed. Jerry was truly a Juhl, and I am deeply thankful for the humor he helped bring to my life. Thanks, Jerry!
  14. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

Who's who with the muppets.

well Martin P. Robinson is Telly monster and Snuffy
    Fran Brill plays Praire Dawn, Little Bird as well as others.
    David Rudman plays Baby Bear
    Noel MacNiel now that is a puzzle
    Pam Arciero is Grungetta, Oscar's Girlfriend.
    Karen Prell playes (everyone) Red Fraggle
  15. Juno42

Juno42 New Member

Good one, Jerry!

Here it is:

Good One, Jerry

His wife wanted silly things. I hope this is silly enough, and points out what I meant in my last post.

The blue cat's name is Juno. In my senior year I drew a picture of Juno and Kermit together. Jerry took the picture, copied it, took it to a Muppet cast party (I didn't know at the time), and brought it back to me signed! It now has signatures from Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, and Karen Prell, as far as I recall. It's framed, in a box in my room somewhere (I move alot). I'll dig it up sometime and post it somewhere. :)
  16. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Juhl Obituaries

If anyone knows of any printed obituaries/tributes for Jerry Juhl either in newspaper or magazines, please let me know. I would think that there would be some sort of blurb atleast in a larger news publication but so far not even Los Angeles Times has released anything. I am trying to collect as many of these as I can for my collection and would like to put together some sort of dedication wall thing for myself. I would appreciate any help. Thanks, guys! :)
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I haven't even seen any announcements on any news programs either. Is this by choice of Juhl's family and the Henson people, or do they just not care too much about it because he isn't a big actor? This is disappointing. :(
  18. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

That seems to be the case. The Philadelphia Inquirer also had nothing on Jerry, whereas it had an article and obituary on Don Adams.
  19. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I don't understand it. He was big enough in the industry. The Muppets are huge and Juhl was one of the men responsible for even making them happen. Seriously, it was him AND Jim Henson who started the whole franchise in my opinion. Wasn't he the first on staff at the Henson Company?
  20. Kimp the Shrimp