Celebration Of Me Grover DVD

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Anyhoo, Tough Pigs has an anthology of Grover Waiter sketches (which has not been updated in a while) which may have some answers to our Grover Waiter questions.

BJ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tim Kelly said:
I did get it, and it's really cute. I think the only segment I remembered from my childhood was "Over, Under, and Through," so everything else was pretty much new to me. The flying/crashing montage is hilarious, just watching all of those crashes one after the other. I was disappointed that the extended celebrity version of "Monster in the Mirror" wasn't included, but I think I have most of that on VHS somewhere.

I think that's a royaltees issue.... Really stinks too... I mean, The Simpsons, back when they were funny on SS..... toooo bleeping cool.

Celebration of Grover is on my wishlist with like a bazillion other must haves... but It's a front runner. I mean, SS doing a send up of a 1970's Dean Martin show in 2004? Priceless!

Dantecat

Reaction score
Do You Have DVD Dr.Tooth Or You Just Want To Get It For Christmas :confused:

Dantecat

Reaction score
My Mistake!

I Mean,Do You Have This DVD Not What I Just Said Like Before.(Do You Have DVD)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Do You Have DVD Dr.Tooth Or You Just Want To Get It For Christmas :confused:

I will have to wait for Christmas, or when I can find 10 bucks on the street... LOL! I'm looking for jobs at the moment, but nothing's really turning up, so my DVD collection as of late came from Cereal Boxes.... :crazy:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Dr.Tooth,If You Want To Get This DVD,Go To Kmart Because They Just Have It For $8.99! :excited: :wink: :excited:

Oliver

Reaction score
Are any full sketches included or is this compilation mostly made up of montages from classic skits?

It would be nice to see some 2-disc sets with complete skecthes included. They could go through all the main characters and than offer discs for assorted character sketches like the various classic monsters and oldschool characters like Forgetful Jones and Don Music, etc. and even issue discs to cover all the song segments with cartoons tossed in the mix between skits. I'm also dying to see Teeny Little Super Guy finally make his DVD debut! :zany:

Violia

Reaction score
Aww it sounds cute. I guess I'll just have to get it for my little girl. She LOVES Grover. On VHS, she's not quite aware of why you don't step on DVDs yet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought it was a good program. I don't think the matching game was too good of a feature. i would have rather had some bonus sketches (like in what's the name of that song or happy healthy monsters).

I think that the clip montages in this video were done better than the ones in the best of kermit on sesame street. in that one, all of the clips have their audio on, and can be confusing to people who don't know the sketches well. In the first clip montages, everybody sings during the clips, so we only see visuals and are not as curious about the skits as we are when watching the best of kermit. in the supergrover montage, we only see grover crash landing. nothing confusing about that. in the last one, we do hear what's going on, but most of the clips don't really have much to do with what the skits are about.

anyway, most of the skits were great. there were some that I hadn't even heard of before, like the one where grover was a wig salesman. I do wish that the full monsterpiece theatre segment was there (and not just the grover parts), and I would have rather seen "chariots of fur" or "the taming of the shoe" instead of "the king and i". I would have also rather seen grovers "near and far" skit instead of "over, under, around and through", which was already availible on the video "play-along games and songs". Since the abc disco skit was also already availible on video (in "dance along"), I would have preferred to have seen the 'rappin' alphabet" song instead (although I do like abc disco). i would have also rather seen the version of "proud of me" that was done on the show, instead of an all-new version.

Since fat blue complained about grover always making things go wrong wherever he goes, there should have been more fat blue skits (the two complete ones included on the video both took place at fat blues home). ones like "grover the taxi driver", "grove rthe waiter: hamburger" and "grover the consessionist" would have been nice. Considering that sesame workshop was allowed to include two very brief kermit clips, there should have been some full kermit and grover skits, like where they demonstrate heavy and light, or where grover gives kermit ears. some complete global grover skits should have been included.

of the grover songs that have already been released on video, i think that Monster in The Mirror (the version with all the celebrities, which hasn't been availible on video) and Fuzzy And Blue (and orange) should have been on there. During cookie monsters introduction, he said that one reason he liked grover was because they are both furry blue monsters. This line should have been on the album version, as an introduction to the song.

I think that prarie dawn, herry monster and herbert birdsfoot should have been at the ceremony as well.