Celebrity figures

Pitfallharry

Reaction score
I don't know if this was discussed anywhere or not, but I think it'd be pretty neat if Palisades added some "celeb guest star" figures to the Muppets line. What good's a Muppet Show without some guest stars, right? :big_grin:

Playmates has done this somewhat with their Simpsons line (although these were mainly characters voiced by celebrities.) But if Palisades can get approvals, I'd LOVE to see a Mark Hammil/R2 D2 two-pack done in the Muppest action figure style. Maybe mix in Gonzo as Darth Vader or something.

And for some reason I laugh myself silly everytime I picture a Muppets-style action figure of Orson Wells from the first Muppet movie. :stick_out_tongue:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is probably a no-go. Palisades would have to buy rights for each individual celebrity dramaticly increasing their costs. Also sculpting a human figure is quite a bit different than sculpting a Muppet figure, especially if you want to keep them in scale. It's just not practical.

Whatever

Reaction score
I guess there is always Barbie dolls and a lot of imagination! :wink:

Pitfallharry

Reaction score
Whatever said:
HAH! :lol

Yeah I know the licensing part would be too much. But I didn't even think of the scale. Good point. Although they could work off the Mega Muppets scale....

Though now that I think of it, I'd much rather see tons more regular Muppets figures before having to shell out mega bucks for some silly "human"... :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Whatever said:
....... works for me ! :eek:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Pitfallharry said:
HAH! :lol

Yeah I know the licensing part would be too much. But I didn't even think of the scale. Good point. Although they could work off the Mega Muppets scale....

Though now that I think of it, I'd much rather see tons more regular Muppets figures before having to shell out mega bucks for some silly "human"... :smile:
I guess we'll just have to make do with celebrities that already have been made into figures. Some celebrity figures (the 12 inch ones) would be about appropriate in size to the Muppet figures, but there haven't been many made. So far, the only ones I can think of are:

C3PO
Luke Skywalker
Whoopi Goldberg (as Guinan) if you're looking for Muppets Tonight guests
Gilda Radner (as Roseanne Roseannadanna)
There's probably some more, but I can't think of them at the moment.
Don't forget the Jim Henson figure they're making! Now if they made: Jerry Nelson from MTI
Intersection Playset from GMC with deflated balloon and Richard Hunt with taxi! Those'd be cool!

Hey, how about a whole playset of the main Muppeteers rehearsing the gargling fish number from the "Of Muppets and Men" documentary. When you press the "Try Me" button, they all gargle "You Light Up My Life" as the fish from the Roger Moore TMS! (Louise could come with special "drownding action"...for those of you who have seen the special, you know what I'm talking about). Gargling Muppeteers, hey I'd buy it!

But of course...there's always Sculpey!

And what would happen if they made Sesame Street human figures? It'd be cool if they made a special edition Mr. Hooper figure! You could collect all the variations: Mr. Looper, Mr. Blooper, Mr. Dooper, Mr. Pooper, Mr. Scooper, Mr. Gooper...

Convincing John

Whatever

Reaction score
There really is a "Sound of Music" Maria Barbie! There are others too, like Cher, Marilyn Monroe, Lucy, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Elizabeth Taylor, Judy Garland, but I don't think they were ever on the Muppet Show.