Cereal Girl

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
You may or may not know that I am the world's second biggest Madonna fan (Madonna is #1 :wink: ). So a few months back when I was looking for downloadable (but no worries...legal, people) Madonna songs online I found a song called "Cereal Girl" which was supposedly from Sesame Street made me gasp like this...

*gasp*

Anyhoo, I'd forgotten about it until about 98 seconds ago when I started writing this thread. So if anyone has any details on this sketch, or better still a copy of it, then could you please inform me.

Thankyou,
I've been Dan Blake :smile:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Yeah, I was remembering that sketch a while ago. It's a family of Anything Muppets and two "Do-op" Anything Muppets. It starts out with the little girl being skeptical about what to eat, then her dad brings her cereal to try or something and then the "Do-op" girls start singing with her at the breakfast table.

I wish SS would show more of these classic episodes. Even if "Material Girl" is too old for the current generation of toddlers, their parents are just the right age now to appreciate its nastalgia. *Hint hint, CTW*

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Scarylarrywolf got the basic summary down. The little girl monster though is orange with big early 1990s hair in a pony tail that sticks straight up and she's wearing alot of plastic jewelry. She was always one of my favorite Sesame Street Muppets.

Whatever

Reaction score
I love that sketch. I saw it long before I heard the Madonna song. Although I never could understand what was so great about cereal.
"I said I taste it, I give it a whirl, and now I am a cereal girl."

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Whatever said:
"I said I taste it, I give it a whirl, and now I am a cereal girl."
Oh wow lyrics!! If someone has a full set of lyrics then I would say this:

Thankyou

Dan
x x x x :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
DanDanStrawberry said:

Thankyou

Dan
Hey I think, I think, I have a copy of this song on one of my c.d.s I'd be happy to share it with you if I do, I'll check when I get home from work tonight. :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
DanDanStrawberry said:

Thankyou

Dan
Sadly, I posted all that I remember. Sorry. Dee might know, or the Count.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I certainly remember "Cereal Girl"- I used to love watching that clip. I'll have to say- I don't really care for Madonna's music (or her lifestyle, for that matter:attitude: ), but some of her songs' tunes- like "Material Girl" and "Like a Virgin" are really catchy!
Anyway, I think I've got this song at home somewhere. I can probably post the MP3 if you want. Here's the full lyrics though.
http://members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/cereal.html

:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
I think this song was included in one of the Sesame Street DVDs now. It might be the healthy foods one but I'm not sure. On the SS DVDs under "Preview other Sesame Street products" they show this clip.