C'est Les Muppets Showue!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, I speak french. But I speak weird, quebecoise, franglais-type french. So naturally I didn't understand a word. :/ I'll half to watch it again!! The accent is so different.

(Franglais is a word I use to describe the way I speak french. Anglais is the french word for english, so it technically means Frenglish. Half french, half english. :embarrassed: )

Marky

Reaction score
If I had the time, equipment and know-how, I'd save them and make a fan-edit by re-dubbing all the voices in English and posting them on a secret site for only us to view for free.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gah! That is a fabulous idea! I wonder if there's anyone on here who could do that...

King Prawn

Reaction score
That's actually not a bad idea. I think if Disney or Henson found out fans were dubbing Muppet TV into English, maybe then they'd realise just how much The Muppets mean to us, well the Hensons most likley, I bet Disney would laugh at us:big_grin: I mean it's something very tricky to do and I'd be willing to help out as much as I could though I'd have no idea how to go about it. Maybe if we manage to translate it we could have diffrent members of MC voice a character in English, we could try and get the person who sounds most accurate to the actual Muppet and there weren't those many Muppets on it anyway (What were there like 9?) Not to mention that those good at voicing a particular Muppet would get to shine and show off what they could do (I'm not very good at this either, though I can do Swedish Chef but I bet most people can too)

So if we get an english translation of what they say and then have a few members of MC voice act it out whilst watching the show at the same time maybe then we could add our recording along with the Muppet TV episode and pretend as much as we can that we're watching a new english Muppet Show.

I don't know much about these things and wouldn't know how to go about it by myself but It could be done somehow I imagine. Maybe we could do this after all?

:cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
The only person I know with the know-how to rip this thing off the internet doesn't come to MC anymore...but I could possibly catch him by e-mail. I've also dragged a friend in who I am close to convinceing to translate it...though she's afraid her translation will be rough compaired to the actually frenchies here at MC.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Speaking of translation (and here's my Muffin for 2006): If you can speak FLUENT Spanish or French (or anything other than English) please PM me. I'll need a translator for Muley's Comix and Stories sometime in 2007.

I look forward to seeing how this Muppets TV translation project works out! HA HA!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Another random thought of mine...when is the next episode to be aired?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I didn't realise that Muppet TV was even being aired yet! lol. I've just watched the first episode and the lip syncing is awful. I guess the people in France are used to it tho considering everything else has to be dubbed for them.