C'est Les Muppets Showue!

unclematt

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Yeah, right now I don't think we're ready for a TMS until we find good writers who actually KNOW the Muppets!
Do you know if Disney is even looking for writiers who know the Muppets?

Vector

Reaction score
I'm afraid I have bad news about the french show.

They taped so far 10 episodes, and TF1 doesn't plan to continue the show in january, because of lower ratings than the previous show at that hour (sunday afternoon). :smirk:

They should have put this show at decent hours in the beginning of prime time, later in the day. Doesn't sound good for any US adaptation. :confused:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Vector said:
I'm afraid I have bad news about the french show.

They taped so far 10 episodes, and TF1 doesn't plan to continue the show in january, because of lower ratings than the previous show at that hour (sunday afternoon). :smirk:

They should have put this show at decent hours in the beginning of prime time, later in the day. Doesn't sound good for any US adaptation. :confused:
not good..not good at all..:boo:

Marky

Reaction score
C'est la vie.

Funny, on one hand, everyone was angry abou thte show, now those same people will be furious about the cancellation no doubt.

Still this is really going to give Disney more incentive to look into doing more with them. :rolleyes:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Bother! Why dont the Muppets seem to being having much luck lately.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I thought it might be the Phantom of The muppet Theatre!!
I wonder if Disney France will now drop the project, or review it and find out why people werent watching it, make changes and give it a go on another TV Network if TF1 dont want to give it another go.

SurfPark

Reaction score
Well I never thought there was something wrong with the French show. They can't reproduce the characters 100% accurately, but they are still entitled to have a French-speaking version of each character, as long as they're kept up in the same spirit, right? Its a shame the show has been so short-lived. I never thought the French really were in tune with American or British humor in the first place. I can see how the show could have tanked after the initial "wow, talking puppets" novelty wore off.

Vector

Reaction score
News updated today by Cauet about the TV show:

The actual agreement was about only 10 episodes. So the show was planned to stop in december since the start.

So about the future, there are 3 levels to pass to continue the show:

-Disney level: they must now watch the show and grant Cauet to continue.

-TF1 level: they didn't say that ratings were too poor to continue the show (45% of childen and 30% of adults which is pretty good for a puppet show).

-Cauet level: he stated that Muppets TV is a big big work! If Disney & TF1 want to continue the show, Cauet will have to hire more people for a full time production.

So now, we have to wait Disney's answer, then TF1's answer and Cauet's answer. These 10 episodes were only a test. So nothing is lost at this state!

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/news.php?id=1666