C'est Les Muppets Showue!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think you can forget the idea that Disney will part with The Muppets at all.

Isn't the Diz still in a state of flux with people changing positions in different areas? The sad thing is that in the meantime those who are listed to take care of The Muppets have no idea what to do with them. Honestly, JHC was having problems figuring out what to do with them.

I don't think the 'fix' will be in fans writing to Disney demanding that we see the Muppets. I think the 'fix' is going to happen when we fans begin to support what Diz does with The Muppets--even if it's just retro merchandising--and when they see the interest peaked they'll do something new.

The other thing that would help The Mouse House do good by our beloved Muppets is if they began to LISTEN to what the fans want!! If they could do that then they would realize that what we want is what we'll buy, whether merchandising, TV/movies, CD's, etc.

I never have understood the "Hollywood mentality," where companies try to guess what we'll buy--especially with the internet and fan message boards! If they would just check out what we're writing they'd realize what we want, cut back on their guess work, and we'd be happy!!

Marky

Reaction score
I can understand how this new show upsets Americans - or at least makes them a little jealous - for now. But hey - at least they're not sitting in a mothballed closet, so to speak.

I hope Disney gets organized, lets the dust settle, and then starts to make some creative and productive decisions on where to take the franchise. I'm not going to rag on them anymore, all that does it make me look disgruntled to people in a muppet forum who don't know me from Adam. It accomplishes nothing.

There's another thread around here about writing to Disney - that's not a bad idea. If they can't or don't read this forum (which we can never tell when or what threads, etc), writing them would be a logical action to take; keeping it simple, with a similar theme.

Dear Disney,

Would you please look into creating something new for us Muppet fans?

Thanks, we look forward to the magic that awaits!

Sincerely,

The Muppet Fans of the World.

muppetperson

Reaction score
So, Phillip, are you able to tell us yet what is happening in the Muppets department yet?Or when do you think you can announce it?

Vector

Reaction score
I'm not really sure that I can post this here. If it isn't allowed please delete the message.

I'm a french viewer and I hope you'll enjoy the show as much as me.

dailymotion.com/nours59/video/xkq71_muppets-tv-01-obispo-karembeu

Marky

Reaction score
Vector said:
I'm not really sure that I can post this here. If it isn't allowed please delete the message.

Merci tres bien, Vector! It looks filmed, not video-taped. Cool!

LOL! I like it!

For you non-French speakers, it's easy & simple like season one of the first show. As a puppeteer, I'd say that I've no complaints with the movements. It's as if they just all started speaking French!!

Vector

Reaction score
You're welcome! :smile:

If you want to keep this video: javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

King Prawn

Reaction score
Oh My God! :smile: :wink: :smile:

I'm watching it as it d/l with no sound at the moment (not that it's going to make a diffrence) but i've just seen Kermit & Scooter and wow talk about feeling like these were the Muppets, I don't know why but I loved how Kermit & Scooter looked together. I'm off now to actually watch the whole thing. I'm very excited though I keep forgetting i'm not going to understand a word of it.

Thanks for the link Vector

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Thanks. My French isn't what it used to be but some of it is quite funny. Not overly impressed with Clifford...but hey...what's new?!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Vector said:

Thanks for the link and welcome, vector.

Not sure how I feel about this yet... gotta' think about it. :smirk:

EDIT: Don't like it, something feels very wrong about seeing the Muppets used just for France and not for the rest of the world, especially because other performers are using them. It may be funny, it may be Muppety, but I don't know if that makes it right. My 2 cents.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Oh the irony...there's an advert for the Series 1 DVD set during the ad break. Someone has a sense of humour over there.

On a more positive note...Nice to see long time British Hensons associate Janet Knechtel is credited as a rigger.