1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

C'est Les Muppets Showue!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 22, 2006.

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

So how do you plan to translate it? Will you be dubbing DVDs or have a website where we can download subtittle episodes or will you just do it in script form?
    Just saw it will be guide form.Thanks.
  2. Vector

Vector New Member

Here it is Muppets TV #2!
    dailymotion.com/Vector_the_Crocodile/video/1087286

I'd be glad to help you about the cultural notes.
  3. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I've watched the video. And in one scene (towards the beginning of the video approx 3mins 38-41 seconds in, when the guest star is about to walk thru two yellow swing doors. You can see the puppeteers head (follically challenged puppeteer). Then again at 7 mins 23sec (approx.). These are just two examples from the Muppets TV - 02 - Semoun & Sinclar esp. gotta love that.
  4. Dprogo

Dprogo New Member

Guide Form - Explanation

To elaborate a bit, I thought I'd start by translating the script, broken down scene by scene so that the less French capable audience would be able to follow along. Then, add cultural notes and explanations.
    Finally, if someone wanted to take this and (probably re-work the script a bit) either subtitle or dub it, that'd be up to them. I'd be glad to help, but as it stands, I don't know oodles about video-editing, though I could do it, given the time and enough help with the voices. (I can do a passable Kermit, and that's about it.)

So, I think I'll start with the script in French, then translate. After that, we'll see.
  5. Dprogo

Dprogo New Member

Cultural Help

Much appreciated!

I'll let you know.
  6. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Jim and co were just as guilty of that at times, especially on the early stuff.
  7. Da Dogster

Da Dogster Member

I agree I would love to see the all new muppet show over here in america.
  8. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I think we all would but only with a good writter for sure!:flirt:
  9. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Yeah, right now I don't think we're ready for a TMS until we find good writers who actually KNOW the Muppets!
  10. Vector

Vector New Member

Goodies available in France:
    tf1store.fr/divertissement/muppets-tv
  11. muppetperson

12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Do you know if Disney is even looking for writiers who know the Muppets?
  13. Vector

Vector New Member

I'm afraid I have bad news about the french show.

They taped so far 10 episodes, and TF1 doesn't plan to continue the show in january, because of lower ratings than the previous show at that hour (sunday afternoon). :smirk:

They should have put this show at decent hours in the beginning of prime time, later in the day. Doesn't sound good for any US adaptation. :confused:
  14. TheJimHensonHour

not good..not good at all..:boo:
  15. Marky

Marky Member

C'est la vie.

Funny, on one hand, everyone was angry abou thte show, now those same people will be furious about the cancellation no doubt.

Still this is really going to give Disney more incentive to look into doing more with them. :rolleyes:
  16. muppetperson

Bother! Why dont the Muppets seem to being having much luck lately.
  17. TheJimHensonHour

I blame the old gypsy woman who put a curse upon the show!:o :concern:
  18. muppetperson

I thought it might be the Phantom of The muppet Theatre!!
    I wonder if Disney France will now drop the project, or review it and find out why people werent watching it, make changes and give it a go on another TV Network if TF1 dont want to give it another go.
  19. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

Well I never thought there was something wrong with the French show. They can't reproduce the characters 100% accurately, but they are still entitled to have a French-speaking version of each character, as long as they're kept up in the same spirit, right? Its a shame the show has been so short-lived. I never thought the French really were in tune with American or British humor in the first place. I can see how the show could have tanked after the initial "wow, talking puppets" novelty wore off.
  20. Vector

Vector New Member

News updated today by Cauet about the TV show:

The actual agreement was about only 10 episodes. So the show was planned to stop in december since the start.

So about the future, there are 3 levels to pass to continue the show:

-Disney level: they must now watch the show and grant Cauet to continue.

-TF1 level: they didn't say that ratings were too poor to continue the show (45% of childen and 30% of adults which is pretty good for a puppet show).

-Cauet level: he stated that Muppets TV is a big big work! If Disney & TF1 want to continue the show, Cauet will have to hire more people for a full time production.

So now, we have to wait Disney's answer, then TF1's answer and Cauet's answer. These 10 episodes were only a test. So nothing is lost at this state!

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/news.php?id=1666