Changing Fozzie?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Fozzie did a lot of ear wiggling when he was a patient in the first Vet's Hostpital sketch, fun-ee stuff! :big_grin:
Yeah, now that I think about it I remember seeing his ears wiggle quite a bit in that one.

Wow! I just noticed that that's what's missing with Fozzie in the first season: his "Wocka wocka!" I KNEW there was something different about him (besides the look of course)
Actually, I really haven't caught him saying "Wocka Wocka!" at all on "The Muppet Show." I thought he started that phrase in the movies.

unclematt

Reaction score
I think he uses Wocka Wocka in later seasons

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
O.K., I don't think there were any Timelife episodes where he said "Wocka Wocka!" so I'll just have to look for that when later DVD seasons come out.

I did notice his voice sounding a bit different in early episodes, especially in the one with Rita Moreno. On the first season DVD I'm at midseason, so Fozzie sounds pretty much like Fozzie now.

unclematt

Reaction score
Fozzie's voice is pretty much normal by mid season but now I have to get used to the new voice. Everyone said he sounded great in Oz but I disagree

MWoO

Reaction score
I think he sounded better in AVMMC. In Oz he was playing scared a lot and it sounded too much like Piggy. The normal Fozzie voice is quite good though. It's better if you don't try comparing though and just let the voice be Fozzie.

Xerus

Reaction score
Have you noticed that whenever Fozzie takes off his hat, you never see him put it back on? He usually either throws it away or keeps it in his hand for the rest of the skit.

unclematt

Reaction score
When he is in the newsroom in The Great Muppet Caper he does put it back on.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, he has put it on several times I think. HE usually bends his head right forewared, and puts it on, then straightens up.