Character and Show guide for JHH

beaker

Reaction score
For one of my favorite Muppet things ever, the first half hour portion of that of so edgy Jim Henson Hour from the great era of 1989...I am proposing a character guide! Weve seen the TMS one, now where's the JHH one? Whether you call it Muppet Central, Muppet Television, or the non creature shop portion of JHH...that weird satelite show with Kermit and a new gang was one of the freshest things JHC has ever done. From that great era that brought you MFC, M@WDW, and Sesame 20th annv...
the JHH brought in a new characters that were a mix of organic creature shop and classic Muppet. It also introduced soon to be mainstays Clifford and Bean Bunny.

So then...for starters...here is the characters I know so far that debuted on the JHH, as well as the episodes:

characters:

kermit
gonzo
mrs. piggy
clifford
digit
leon
lindburgh
bean bunny
fozzie
vicki
zondra
ubu
(that nerdy glasses guy, seen in mfs...forget his name)
flash
beard
waldo(cgi)
dr. teeth
swedish chef
mad dog(Dog City)
sprocket
droop(seen in the opening credits)
the extremes(band, forget their individual names tho)
that bear with the teeth
Grupert(that greedy corporate fish mafia type guy who buys muppets tonight...debuted in a pirate sketch on here)
boppity frackle
gloat frackle
codzilla

as for the shows...i know they are all from 1989, and know they had ted dansa, louie anderson, buster poindexter, and a few others. the episodes i can remember is food, garbage, exercise, secrets of the muppets, dog city, tubes unaired pilot, mrs. piggy goes to hollywood, secret of the rainforest...eeek, a bunch more i can remember.

any help on this would be muchos appreciated!
(as i know theres a good deal of fans on here who remember and loved this great show)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Jim Henson Hour is on our to do list... if anyone would like to assist with this, feel free to drop me an e-mail.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
:wink: The nerdy guy is Chip. He's in the Henson.com archives.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Re: Mrs. Piggy?

Originally posted by Crazy Harry
When did she get married?
LOL that was just what I was thinking,I guess kermit and piggy DID get married.