Character Autographs

muppetperson

Reaction score
There can be many people who bring a Character to life, so I would like to ask-who do you think should be entitled to represent that character for an autograph? There is the creator, builder and performer(s).Performers can then be divisioned again as some characters(Particularly in shows like "Dinosaurs") have someone doing the voice only,someone wearing the body and someone radio controlling moving features.So should someone who only does a character's eyes, be able to sign a signiture as that character? Then again, a Studio might get a ghost autographer to sign a character that they have nothing to do with! What are your thoughts? Would you be happy with an autograph and not care who signed it, or do you think it should be restricted to a particular talent, and if so, who should do it?:confused:

Katzi428

Reaction score
(I hope this is what you meant)
For Christmas last year my sister got me an autographed picture of Jim Henson & Kermit off of eBay. (I guess someone didn't want it anymore & decided to sell it)

muppetperson

Reaction score
(I hope this is what you meant)
For Christmas last year my sister got me an autographed picture of Jim Henson & Kermit off of eBay. (I guess someone didn't want it anymore & decided to sell it)
Sort of.By Character autograph I mean a signed message or just a Character's name as though the Character itself signed it.I was asking whether anyone cares who actually signed it, or would they prefer it to be done by someone more directly involved with the character and who they might prefer-the creator,the voice talent or the performer?

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
I would think all of those are relevant... Take Yoda for example... Frank Oz, George Lucas and whoever else was involved in his creation could totally sign an 8x10 and make it valid. I mean, the autograph means something to you first and foremost. So if you wanted the guy who physically made the original Yoda puppet to sign the photo, why not? :wink: I have a few celebrity autographs that I've gotten from people over the years working in the industry and they never sign the "characters" name, but I wouldn't object to that.