Character biographies

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I'm looking for character biographies--the kinds of things that would typically be found in a "script bible" for a television show, i.e. how old is the character--both WHEN was the character created AND HOW OLD is the character supposed to be (is Scooter 14 now, or 44?), who puppeteers the character (now and then), things like "How many points are on Kermit's neck frill and when did the number change" and "when did Piggy first appear with gloves that weren't purple." Does something like that already exist around here? (I'll be surprised to find out it doesn't, since several of us seem to be making OCD work well for us.) If not, is there any printed resource that I'm not aware of that I could look to for information? Thought you writer/artist types would be the best place to start this--thanks in advance for any help available!!!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't know if there are any canon biographies out there. We've been mainly working from whatever little tidbits we pick up from the show and the movies. If you want a list of original/current performers, you can try Wikipedia. You can also look up some stuff at the Kermitage or something.

But like I said, we've been eyeballing a lot of stuff for the fanfics. Scooter, for example, is (I think) somewhere between fourteen and eighteen years old, and I think that's how old he's always supposed to be. But I do know for certain that he first appeared in 1976, on the right arm of Richard Hunt.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you want...
You could always use the bio filecards on the back of the Muppets action figures' packaging or the paper inserts from Series 4 onwards.
Also, there were a set of Sesame Street character bios included as a mini booklet in the issue of SS Magazine celebrating the show's 20th anniversary in 1989. Some of them are included as inserts in the pages of the Sesame Street Treasury books, at least that's what's been said by fellow forumers.
Hope this helps.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
On www.muppets.com go to Central Casting and click on Muppet Bios. They have bios for, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Pepe, Bunson, Beaker, The Swedish Chef, Statler and Waldorf, Rizzo, Rowlf, Sam the Eagle, The Electric Mayhem, Johnny and Sal, Scooter, Clifford and Camilla.

Take a look.:wink:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ooh--thanks guys--kissy, kissy.

All of us who write are in the awkward position of trying to figure out how old each character is (might be, could be, ought to be) in relation to the others and in relation to the particular story told. For example, a lot of folks want to see Scooter grow up into a young man (such a nice young man) but that would mean that all of the characters age along with him--at least, it should, but it doesn't always. (Don't you just love fiction?)