Character design changes

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Cookie Monster - sometimes he's really dark blue, sometimes a lighter blue, sometimes has a flat head, sometimes a bigger head. on the cover of the Sesame Street 25 Year Anniversery, he has more of a round mouth and definitley more fur.

Herry Monster - herry has a purple nose (EVERYONE knows that) but on the Ernie & Bert sketch when they were fighting over the chair (i THINK) and then they decided to share it. then herry came in and they tried to make room for him. the weird thing was, he had a BLUE nose (weird).

Ernie - Around the first season, the stripe pattern on his shirt were like this - thick blue, thin red, thick blue, thick red, thin yellow, thick red. later, the pattern was thin yellow, thick red, thin white, thick blue.

Bert - BERT's stripe pattern used to be red, yellow, black (as seen on "Doin' The Pigeon"). now it's green, blue, and orange. Also it's weird that in some books he has blue pants, sometimes brown pants, sometimes green, on ss backpacks he has red pants, and on the show he has on greenish brown pants. (sometimes he's nutty sometimes he's corny can be brown or greenish brown, lol).

Rowlf - On Jimmy Dean he had smooth fur. on the muppet show he had curlier fur.

Oscar - 4 words: USED TO BE ORANGE

Gonzo - has a different suit on all the time

Waldorf - I can just tell when I watch him in Muppets From Space. Statler hasn't changed though....

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
Ernie - Around the first season, the stripe pattern on his shirt were like this - thick blue, thin red, thick blue, thick red, thin yellow, thick red. later, the pattern was thin yellow, thick red, thin white, thick blue.

Bert - BERT's stripe pattern used to be red, yellow, black (as seen on "Doin' The Pigeon"). now it's green, blue, and orange. Also it's weird that in some books he has blue pants, sometimes brown pants, sometimes green, on ss backpacks he has red pants, and on the show he has on greenish brown pants.
What do you do with your life?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i watch the muppets, make puppets Aside from puppet stuff i go to high school, hang out with my friends. i'm currently forming a ska band (don't ask to join, only people at my school!). i also like to shop at Hot Topic and watch tv, i like to draw, listenning to punk, ska, emo, metal, etc. By the way, i was just looking at a picture of ernie that's gonna go on my muppet website so i didn't memorize it or anything.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
Bert - BERT's stripe pattern used to be red, yellow, black (as seen on "Doin' The Pigeon"). now it's green, blue, and orange. Also it's weird that in some books he has blue pants, sometimes brown pants, sometimes green, on ss backpacks he has red pants, and on the show he has on greenish brown pants. (sometimes he's nutty sometimes he's corny can be brown or greenish brown, lol).
Why is that weird? Do you wear the same pants every day? Uh, on second thought, don't answer that. :wink:

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthGonzo
Gonzo came a long way during the 5 years the Muppet Show was on. He's still evolving, but not in a way people are fond of. His nose is a lighter peach-ish color, his eyes have no personality and his neck is WAY too long. Somone really needs to re-evalute the look of the character as soon as possible.

Yeah; I liked Gonzo better when he was more of a twerp.

As for changes, Rizzo evolved a little from GMC to now; he got a little fatter and his eyes became more 'defined'. Kermit evolved to get a lot more of a solid look now then on TMS, when he looked a bit worn (not that there's anything wrong with that. :smile: )

-SPEEGS