Character Questions 2003

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another year and another round of character questions from the mind that brought the Master Muppet Listing.
1 What is the name of the artist who painted the Painting of a Bowl of Fruit? Is her name Mrs. Sally Sohole?
2 What is the name of the small light blue Sesame Street monster who appears with Elmo, both dressed up as gauchos in a Mexican-styled song about these Latin American cowboys sung by Linda Ronstadt?
Please respond ASAP cause I want to add these to my listing. All help with these queries would be most welcome.
Oh, and before I forget...
3 Who's Fred the Dragon? Can you guys describe what he looked like or what his personality was like?
Thanks for the helpa nd have a great weekend.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Count,

Hi,
Fred The Dragon was used once, maybe twice in the First Season of Sesame Street.

He seems to be made of paper mache or some kind of hard foam, He is quite big larger than most hand Puppets and has the ability to breathe smoke from his nose.

He hid in a box, when Kermit was trying to teach Grover about eing "In".
When Grover went to get in the Box he saw Fred in there, Kermit ran and Grover said " Hi, Fred!"
Then Fred done a big burping noise, It was a weird sound.

He was made for the Ed Sullivan 'Monster Father and Son' sketch.

See ya

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Warrick, now here are a few more questions I hope either you or someone else can answer.
1 Who's Furline Huskie? Is this name spelled correctly? Please describe what he appeared like and/or what his/her personality was like similar to the response to Fred the Dragon in the post above.
2 Who painted the Painting of a Bowl of Fruit? How is her name correctly spelled?
3 What's the name of the small blue monster that appears next to Elmo, both dressed up as gauchos for a song sung by Linda Ronstadt about these "south of the border" cowboys?
4 What are the names of the worms competing against Slimey in the Worm Olympics and the names of their respective grouch owners? Also, what country did each contestant hail from?
Please respond ASAP so that I can add these entries to my Master Muppet Listing. Thanks for the help and have a good day.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Count,

Furline Huskie, Is purple with a blue nose and one Brown eyebrow going over both eyes. He looks kind of like a Grouch with a nose.

He sung one song called 'Comb Your Face', and performed by Richard Hunt.
I dont think he was in anything else other than that sketch.

Sorry, I cant answer the rest.

see ya

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here's a question for all you hardcore SS fans. There's the classic sketch with Snow White and the Six Dwarves. How would you classify these dwarves in a master character listing? Would you just place the lot of them as one entry under "The Six Dwarves"? Or would you list each one of them alphabetically by their names under "The Six Dwarves"?
Also, do you guys know who Paul and Michael are? I know that these are two human characters who appeared in a sketch during one of the Hawaiian vacation episodes, but I'm looking for more information on these characters, i.e. the names of the actors who portrayed them, a description of what they look like, and confirmation that these two should be counted as SS characters.
Oh, and before I forget, should Allistair Cookie and the Great Nineteeny be counted as two SS characters? Please respond ASAP cause I'd like to keep my master listing as accurate and up-to-date as possible.
Thanks for your help and have a good day.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I'm not sure about your other questions, but I would count "Alistair Cookie" as an appearance by Cookie Monster. This role for the character is, of course, a reference to Alistair Cooke, host of "Masterpiece Theatre" from 1971 to 1993 (according to IMDb. So, all this info should be put on the Cookie Monster page, as that's where people will most likely look anyway.

muppetfan620

Reaction score
The blue monster in the segment with Elmo is named Parker. Sorry I can't help you w/your other question.

Millicent

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Miliscent, not to doubt your word...
But can you please confirm that Parker is his name? Please cite your sources. This is the blue monster that appeared with Elmo both dressed as gauchos for a song sung by Linda Ronstadt, right? BTW: Just asking if you think that Alistair Cookie and the Great Nineteeny should be counted as SS characters. Respond "Yes" or "No" as to their inclusion in my master listing, which is just that and not a website at least not right now.
Thanks fofr your help and have a good day.

muppetfan620

Reaction score
You are correct. :smile: And my source is SS. The reason I'm so sure that I'm correct is because I've seen that segment so many times that I know it by heart. And I didn't take offense when you aked me to site my sources. :smile: Oh, and also here's the quote that confirms what I said:

Parker: "You mean we're dressed like cowboys?"

Linda: "That's right, Parker."

Now, as to your second question, yes, I think that Allistair Cookie and The Great Nineteeny (sorry if I spelled that wrong) should be included as two separate characters.

Hope this helps!

Millicent

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding Miliscent, and not taking offense when I asked for the correct reference to that character's name. Rest assured that now, with proper confirmation, Parker has been added to the Muppet Listing. The reason I ask about Alistair Cookie and the Great Nineteeny is because these are SS characters playing the role of another character. Though to be fair to Muppet mythos, I guess that these should be listed as follows:
(4 Different Entries)
Allistair Cookie
Big Bird
Cookie Monster
The Great Nineteeny.

Thanks for the help and have a great day.
Oh, and I went ahead and listed the Six Dwarves as individual entries with each of their names as a separate entry.