Cheeks

BorkBork

Reaction score
Just thought of something i have been wondering about. i wonder how one would make cheeks on the puppet, as the fraggles have. (Can you tell i want to make a fraggle? :big_grin:)

I hope you know what i mean. So if anyone knows...

Thanks
/Anders

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to do cheeks. I just finished a Fraggle Puppet. She is sorta like a storyteller-queen type Fraggle. I haven't really thought of a name for her. I just finished her today.

Jake

rtgentry

Reaction score
Hey Jake, do you have any pic to share of your creation?

BorkBork

Reaction score
Hey, Jake, did you get my email regarding the pattern?

/Anders

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Hey Anders,
Yes I got your e-mail. Very Interesting! I'm gonna try it soon. I'll let you know. Have you done it yet?

Rtgentry:
I don't have any pics yet, but I'm going to list the puppet on E-bay, to see if it would sell, because I'm really proud of it, and I need to earn some money. I'll let you know when it's up.

Jake

BorkBork

Reaction score
Jake, no i haven't tried it, but i am very convinced it's gonna work :wink:

I think i'll perhaps try it newxt week, after i have fleececovered my current work.

/Anders

BorkBork

Reaction score
just pushing this thread up again to see if anyone can shed some light on this...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Kinda hard to explain in words.....but here goes: usually to make a cheek ona puppet head made from foam you will cut out two pieces of sheet foam in the aproximate shape of the cheeks. Next, glue the "cheeks" down to the puppet head in the right place. Finally, you need to glue the side of the "cheek pieces" down to the head - basically you "squish" the foam of the cheek so that all four sides and the bottom are glued to the puppet head. Honestly, you probably have to use contact cement for this as I have never tried it with hot glue.

Cheeks are great and help make faces more three dimensional. For a before after, check out what our "Pig" character looked like with and without cheeks at http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/angrypuppets/lst?.dir=/&.view=t

BTW, another alternative to carve a head from a block of foam so you can include the cheeks. There are probably other methods too, but this is the one my puppets have always been made with.

I hope this helps!

BorkBork

Reaction score
Hmmmm....as always it's kinda hard to picture it just from text. Anyway, i thought that they were inluded in the foam pattern, but now i know that they arent. If you can draw a picture, or if anyone else who understands it could do it, that would be great.

Yeah the pig looks so much better with cheeks. It's like he looks so depressed without them in a way.

Thanks for your answer :smile: