Chelle is having a case of Muppet Mentionitis!

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Do you guys ever have a day you hear about muppets and read about muppets from people and places that are usually muppet free?

Case in point.
1.This past month I have heard about Muppet Central Radio from some kids in the chorus of The Wizard of Oz. They were always talking about muppets while I was fixing the holes in their costumes. Usually I just listened and did my work, but one day I brought in my MF script and they were so thrilled.

2. I got an email from my friend Jo who has a weekend of from work for the first time in nine months (theater usually only gets mondays off) and she was telling my how she was excited to be relaxing watching a movie and she was watching this really funny one called Kermits Swamp Years. She knows I like the Muppets but she had no idea this movie existed.

3. There is an article in Rolling Stone about this famous DJ and one he was working and a rapper was selling his album playing it on a "Muppet Babies record player"

4. A Lady wrote to a column in the Boston Globe asking where she can find a Kermit the frog doll.

Everywhere I go there the muppets are!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SuprGro78
1.This past month I have heard about Muppet Central Radio from some kids in the chorus of The Wizard of Oz. They were always talking about muppets while I was fixing the holes in their costumes. Usually I just listened and did my work, but one day I brought in my MF script and they were so thrilled.
Interesting... How did they bring up Muppet Central Radio in the conversation? I'm curious what they had to say about it...

It's wild when people bring up the Muppets unexpectedly. It's even wilder when you respond back. :eek:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Jackie-

I remember "Muppets". They're those puppet-marionette combo thingys, right?!?!

- Billy :cool:

SuprGro78

Reaction score
MC

Hey Phillip, the kids were listening to WERS radio(88.9 in Boston) in the dressing rooms . It's got a show called "The Playground" on weekends. On it they play cartoon themes, muppet songs, the hamster dance etc. One of the kids was saying "Cool they play the Rainbow Connection and stuff on here" and the other one said, "Dude I listen to Muppet songs all the time, Go to Muppet Central dot com and click on radio." Then they called up WERS and had them play the Rainbow Connection for all the kids in the Wizard of OZ and then the radio people also played Moving right along, and it was a dance party.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
"Cool they play the Rainbow Connection and stuff on here" and the other one said, "Dude I listen to Muppet songs all the time, Go to Muppet Central dot com and click on radio."
Cool news...

It's nice to see that amongst all the "Land Before Time 16" (or whatever) and "Cinderalla 2" type-movies, parents still expose their kids to the great stuff of yesteryear, like the original Muppets. I'm surprised they had even heard of "The Rainbow Connection".

Harsh, maybe, but true.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Yesterday on the lame Teen Choice Awards on FOX, "Seventh Heaven" star Barry Watson said the only thing he had ever won before was a Kermit the Frog at a carnival.

And he was excited. And that was pretty much his whole acceptance speech.

Then we changed the channel.

Quinnnnnnnn

scarecroe

Reaction score
WERS

...listening to WERS radio (88.9 in Boston) in the dressing rooms. It's got a show called "The Playground" on weekends.
Yes! I love "The Playground‚" in fact‚ ERS has quite a few shows worth checking out.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I had a very cute experience the other day at work. A Five year old kid in the class I sometimes work in was telling me about Kermit the Frog and said that Kermit used to work on the Muppet show but then he got a 'news job' on Sesame Street and decided not to work on the Muppet Show anymore.

Kids are just so cute sometimes :smile:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
Hey Jackie-

I remember "Muppets". They're those puppet-marionette combo thingys, right?!?!

Actually I believe Jim Henson just simply thought the name "Muppets" was cute.

:wink: