Chicago puppet theatre?

pjspuppets

Reaction score
We're taking the family to Chicago for a vacation in May and wondering if there is any kind of puppet theatre or performances we might catch while we're there. Anybody got the inside scoop?

Pat

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I might be heading to chicago in May as well? When are you going?

MGov

Reaction score
For the family? Not much really. Some of the local, small, not-for-profits might have a children's show on the weekend that might involve puppets, but there's nothing that stands out puppetwise.

"Avenue Q" is going to be in town around then. But that really isn't family friendly (or maybe it is. I don't know your family).

And there is a bad puppet improv show called "Felt" that runs on Wednesday nights. For an improv puppet show, it isn't very good at either. If you go, make sure there isn't a Cubs game the same night. The theatre is right around the corner from Wrigley Field.

MGov

Reaction score
I guess you could come stand in front of my house and I can have my puppets yell out the window at the kids.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Oh that's interesting to hear that about Felt. I've only heard good reviews, but it's all been from improvisers who might just be happy to see a gimmick that doesn't get too gamey.

pjspuppets

Reaction score
Chicago vacation

We'll be there the last week in May. The kids are mostly teens, but we do have one too young to take to Avenue Q, so that's out.

Thanks for the response.

Pat

wes

Reaction score
We're taking the family to Chicago for a vacation in May and wondering if there is any kind of puppet theatre or performances we might catch while we're there. Anybody got the inside scoop?

Pat
Pat I think Big Idea productions, the Veggie tales people have there main officed there you may want to look them up,maybe they'll give you a walk throu, I know Phil Visher new Company Jellyfish is stationed close by. check it out

Jellyfish Labs
401 S. Carlton
Wheaton, IL 60187

I know that Chicago has a Museum the is for Radio and television that has some early puppetry stuff from tv.