Christmas Eve on Sesame Street DVD

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
it's a differnt cover than I remember didn't it just have big bird in his next on the roof in the snow or something before?
Does anyone know if it's the same version of if anythings been cut out?
And I saw elmo saves christmas etc. also is it any good?
What's everyones favorite Sesame Street dvd's and why?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Elmo Saves Christmas is OK... It centers on the furry red monster wishing it were Christmas every day of the year, and witnessing first hand the consequences of such a wish.
It's got a good mix of old and new characters, both Muppet and humans, and Maya Angelu as The Narrator telling the story to Elmo's friends at the beginning.

But I simply love Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, and it's a world of good I finally have it in my library of Muppet videos.
Course, I also always melt when the SS gang arrives at Grizzly Farms in MFC.

BEAR

Reaction score
I have both the DVD and VHS versions of CEOSS and they are the same. Nothing has been cut from the DVD. So don't worry about that. As for Elmo Saves Christmas, I actually enjoy it quite a bit and though it centers more on Elmo, the other favorites have their chance to shine as well. Big Bird gets his own wonderful song called "All I Want For Christmas Is You" which he sings to Snuffy's answering machine. It is one of my favorite scenes actually and a true classic Big Bird song. Don't overlook this one. It has a wonderful blend of comedy, silliness, light-hearted storytelling, and drama. That is to say there is some emotion in this. I recommend it, though it is quite different from CEOSS. Look for in depth review of Elmo Saves Christmas coming in the coming weeks in my BEARy Merry Holiday Reviews.

Rubber Duckie

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I have both the DVD and VHS versions of CEOSS and they are the same. Nothing has been cut from the DVD.
Actually, BEAR, you're just slightly inaccurate. If you are referring to the CEOSS DVD when you say nothing has been cut, which it appears you are, you are wrong. They removed the CTW logo with Christmas music that normally appears at the start of that program from the DVD version of CEOSS, but that's it. Everything else, including Cookie Monster eating the tree at the end, is left intact. So if you have a chance, could you also post a review of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, please? Thanks. Oh, and BTW, CEOSS was broadcast on Family Channel in Canada a few years ago, along with Elmo Saves Christmas.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
very awsome thank you so much everyone perhaps I will go out and get elmo saves christmas tommrow when I visit target! I'm going to get the next old school ninja turtles dvd that just came out!
I'm very excited about watching christmas eve on sesame street allthough I do like the old box art better that had bigbird in the snow this one just has Bigbird in a scarf behind Oscar coming out of a snow filled chimny and he's wearing a santa hat and they are infront of a blue background.
Oh and sorry for spelling EVE wrong in the title of this I typed ever if anyone could fix it that would be wonderfull!
thanks again!

BEAR

Reaction score
Rubber Duckie said:
Actually, BEAR, you're just slightly inaccurate. If you are referring to the CEOSS DVD when you say nothing has been cut, which it appears you are, you are wrong. They removed the CTW logo with Christmas music that normally appears at the start of that program from the DVD version of CEOSS, but that's it. Everything else, including Cookie Monster eating the tree at the end, is left intact. So if you have a chance, could you also post a review of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, please? Thanks. Oh, and BTW, CEOSS was broadcast on Family Channel in Canada a few years ago, along with Elmo Saves Christmas.

Well...okay fine. I guess, but I just meant footage of the actual story. Then again, some people like old logos. As for my review of CEOSS, it is my very first of the BEARy Merry Holiday Reviews. You can find the thread in the Friends & Family section.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries VM, we know what you meant. Enjoy the DVD's if you get a chance to get 'em. Got more than a few here to tide me over during the holiday brake.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
ok I watched it tonight...with 2 friends again...oi the opening made me want to sink into the crack of the couch!!! That had to be one of the if not the worst Sesame Street Moments I have ever seen!!
The rest was ok Bigbird sort of got on my nervs a bit also.
Loved mr. hooper! loved ernie and bert, loved cookie, and grover
but the the reason for the season or well atleast this dvd that came as a suprise to me was KERMIT!!!! OMG KERMIT!! this alone stoped me from being mad about anything else that went wrong. Man Jim's so awsome and funny I also loved the grover and kermit parts with the kids so adorable and classic.
I'd give this dvd a 6 out of 10. :smile:

SSLover

Reaction score
Christmas Eve On Sesame Street is my absolute favorite! I've had the tape since i was probably 2...and ive watched it at least once every year. I just bought it on dvd as well and love it! It has to be one of the best Sesame Street vidoes ever!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought I'd make a few comments here. First of all, it is pretty lucky that all those specials are out on DVD since they're never played on PBS anymore. (Too outdated for the network, I guess) They haven't even played "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays" this year. I thought that one would last a little longer. I'd have to say CEOSS was the best of the three, but "Elmo Saves Christmas" had it's moments as well.