1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Christmas special and Kermit's World Tour canceled

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Gonzo14, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Gonzo14 Active Member

does anyone know an air date, or is this not going to happen?
  2. GelflingWaldo New Member

It does not look like it is happening - mainly due to the sudden turn over in Muppet/Disney management early this fall. Maybe we'll see it resurface later on, or maybe not. But it does not appear to be happening for Christmas 2005 (as originally planned).
  3. rumtar_10165 New Member

I wonder is this another myth from disney to kill our beloved frog like what it did to Gumby when he turned 50?? Or would we have to wait until next year?
  4. Telly Active Member

Disney killed Gumby? Wow! Not that I care cuz I never did like Gumby.
    Anyone have any idea what Kermit's Christmas Capers was supposed to be about anyway?
  5. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hmmm...maybe capers at christmas time?
  6. rumtar_10165 New Member

no what happened was Warner Bros. bought Gumby and well they tried to bring him back. But what they did was used new voice overs for the old clips.
    That is when gumby died.
  7. Erine81981 Active Member

Kind of like what they did with Telly's voice in the "Big Bird in China" video.
  8. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Disney will kill the muppets
  9. NO, THEY WON'T!!!:mad:
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Stop the war-games over Disney killing the Muppets. They're doing a great job, just that the management changed hands and when that happens things which were on the backburners get cancelled or lost til later, but they never did really have enough time to get that started with everything going on--who knows? Maybe we'll see it next year.

I think Disney's MHC is doing great things with the Muppets, and it's great to see so much of them anymore!
  11. Luke Active Member

I think they're doing an ok job, but we haven't really seen anything significant yet that Henson wouldn't have done themselves, we were beginning to see a lot of the Muppets with Henson as well before the sale. I think the question is more why they changed the management (who seemed to be doing ok) and whether thats gonna be a good or bad thing for the Muppets and the MHC. We shall see. Obviously too late for the Christmas Show, but they do still seem to be continuing with "Americas Next Muppet" so i really hope that happens.
  12. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed to see that the new Christmas special won't be happening. I do remain hopeful though that we'll see some good things in 2006 and maybe the Christmas special will be one of them. Guess I'd rather stay positive than not. :)
  13. beaker Well-Known Member

Maybe some fun unexpected/last minute cameos of Muppets on tv around xmas to tide us over?
  14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Change in Disney Management - hmm...

It was a change in HBO management that brought an end to Fraggle Rock. Well, the newbies wanted to "kiddie" - up the show so Henson decided to go out on top with their standards in-tact. I'm sure other Muppet fans around here know the story better than I do.

I hope that does not happen here. The thing is, when management changes, the newbies want to make a mark and quash anything previously in the pipeline that might be successful. This ensures they get the credit and only die-hard fans (like MCers) know what happened. I'm not saying that's happening here - but it could be.

The Muppets were always Eisner's special project. As much as I've been miffed at him over the past few years, I kinda miss him now. :sympathy:

The biggest disappointment is the severe budget slash for Kermit's anniversary trip from 50 locations to a mere 3! (source TV Guide):zany:
  15. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Welcome home, Frogboy!

I have to say I was worried about Eisner making the Muppets kiddie-fied, and Chris Curtain was doing a great job. I'm a little worried now. Kermit's world trip being cut back isn't a promising happenstance.
  16. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hey there Jamie, good to see you around. But bad tidiings you bring...
  17. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

what tv guide issue
  18. GelflingWaldo New Member

19. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Man that totally stinks...what is Disney thinking?
  20. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

today is the day the muppets died