Christopher Cerf

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, here's a question. Christopher Cerf, a writer for Sesame Street (mostly musical parts) did the voice of Little Chrissy (of Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats), right? That's funny! I never knew the name of the performer, and I though it was a parody of little Richard (at the end of Count it higher, he does this kind of singing that sounds like Little Richard) But now I realize, the Muppet's supposed to be him. (Jerry Nelson does the Muppetry for Little Jerry of the Monotones, right?) But my question is, was Christopher a Muppet performer, or did he, like Matt Robinson, do the voice only? Second part of the question (get those #2 pencils ready!) Did he defect to Between the Lions? That is, does he work there now? I remember seeing an animated skit called Rocket Doodle Doo. It sounded like he was the one singing. Could that have been him? I appreciate the help!

Joggy

Reaction score
Chris only performed voices. I read somewhere that Richard Hunt performed Chrissy, and later Kevin Clash.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I had a feeling he didn't do the puppetry (a few Muppets were voice only, whilest someone else did the Puppetry, Like Roosevelt Franklin, I head someone say Same Sound Brown, and Adam Hunt's Scooter on Muppet's From Space) Christopher did a lot of singing for the show, mainly because his voice fit well in parodies of Bruce Springstein songs!

Splurge

Reaction score
The wild hair and the glasses are put on the Fat Blue AM to look like Christopher Cerf, well, rather exaggeratedly. This running gag was also used in the "Frazzle" song. One of the background monsters, a fur-covered Fat Blue with two teeth, has similar wild blonde hair and glasses. His voice is Chris Cerf's as well.

------------

Boy, the facts I'll posts just to become a "Member" again. :smile:

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
...... Second part of the question (get those #2 pencils ready!) Did he defect to Between the Lions?
If my understanding is correct, he is one of the creative minds responsible for BTL in the first place.

matleo

Reaction score
Yes, he's part of the BTL creators along with Noman Stiles and Micheal Frith. Incidentally, if you look at the bottom of the screen after the BTL credits when the Sirius thinking logo comes up, it says "For Jim, Jon, Jeff, Joe, Jeanne, and Ted" That's Henson, Stone, Raposo, Moss, Jeanne is an educational advisor or soemthing who I gues they worked with at one poinr (I don't know the last name) and ted is Geisel (better known as Dr. Seuss)

--Matt

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Joggy said:
Chris only performed voices. I read somewhere that Richard Hunt performed Chrissy, and later Kevin Clash.
According to the booklet for Songs from The Street, jim henson normally performed Little Chrissy. He didn't mention any other performers, although I read that kevin clash did perform after he died, but I don't richard hunt would have regularly performed chrissy, since he performed the green alphabeat (although since the voices were pre-recorded, he could have done puppetry for little chrissy).