Chuck E. Cheese's

superfan

Reaction score
Funny, up until two years ago, I had only seen television shows make fun of Chuck E. Cheese's and only heard basically what a chaotic kid's restaurant it was. Well, turns out there's a CEC about a forty minute drive from here. We took my daughter and her cousin to it. My daughter LOVED Chucky. She followed him around, he sat down with her and she even went up on that stage to dance with the 'band'. She was only 18 months old.
Got pictures of her there, too. Too cute.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Does anybody else remember Circus Pizza, it was a similar place, but then it got replaced by Chuck E Cheese, but the good part is, with Chuck E Cheese, there's no age limit on the ball pit. YAY

Erine81981

Reaction score
I've been to one and they only thing is that now Chuck E. Cheese is the only
anamatronic character that I saw. The others are all on the TV as Puppets. It was still cool but I always wanted to see the all the characters in the anamatronic form. Is there still others out there that have all of them like that or not?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally Chuck E Cheese was called Pizza Time Theater and it competed with Showbiz Pizza starting way back in 1980. Well Pizza Time Theater filed for bankruptcy around 1986 or so and then Showbiz Pizza bought out Pizza Time and changed the company name to ShowbizPizzatime and had showbiz Pizza and Chuck E Cheese run together side by side. And then in 1990, the people at Showbiz were going to do away with Chuck E Cheese all together but relations with the ceo of the company who made the Showbiz Pizza band, The Rocka-fire Explosion, went sour and the execs at ShowbizPizzatime changed all Showbiz Pizzas to Chuck E Cheeses and then decided to change the entire company name from ShowbizPizzatime to Chuck E Cheese.

And there is your history lesson for the day kiddies.

Personally I prefered Showbiz Pizza over Chuck E Cheese. Best thing about Showbiz was The Rocka-fire Explosion. Watching BillyBob and Looney Bird, Dook, Fatz, Beach Bear, Mitzi, Rolfe and Earl sing songs was great. I wished Showbiz Pizza existed today. I'd take my 4 year old cousin there. I've been to Chuck E Cheese recently. That show of theirs is really horrible with a single stage and having a mouse just singing with his 4 friends on television monitors.

http://sp-com.tripod.com/pizzacam/darryl/cei_12.jpg
http://rock_afire.tripod.com/info/misc/spp/pamps/myrtle2.jpg
http://rock_afire.tripod.com/info/cei/rae/rae_foldout.jpg

ryan

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I've been to one and they only thing is that now Chuck E. Cheese is the only
anamatronic character that I saw. The others are all on the TV as Puppets. It was still cool but I always wanted to see the all the characters in the anamatronic form. Is there still others out there that have all of them like that or not?
Yes there are still many locations that have the show with all the characters in animatronic form, though sadly, not many of them are in tip top shape, though you could get lucky. If you told me where you're located I can tell you the nearest location with a show with all the characters.

Anyway, I don't know if you guys recall seeing intermission break videos in the show, well back in 1998, there showed the Muppet Caper song "Hey A Movie" as an intermission, even with Chuck introducing the song before he closed the curtains.

Erine81981

Reaction score
SesameStreetGuy said:
Yes there are still many locations that have the show with all the characters in animatronic form, though sadly, not many of them are in tip top shape, though you could get lucky. If you told me where you're located I can tell you the nearest location with a show with all the characters.

Anyway, I don't know if you guys recall seeing intermission break videos in the show, well back in 1998, there showed the Muppet Caper song "Hey A Movie" as an intermission, even with Chuck introducing the song before he closed the curtains.
I live in Sweetwater Texas. Its near Huston which is about 5 or 6 hours away. Thats the best I can tell you. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I used to LOVE Chuck E. Cheese's! I can recall going to a birthday party for a friend of mine (It must have been a month or so before I turned 5) and while the party hosts were doing their whole birthday shpiel, I got up there and started dancing with them! My friend was not too happy, but apparently the party hosts liked my enthusiasm. I haven't been there in 9 or 10 years so I barely know what it's like anymore!

~Dana~

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
its a ghetto now

chuckie has been sell crack to kids the bird just got out of jail and the otehrs are married and moved away

:smile: