Classic Muppet Posters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that all of the classic Muppet film posters are available through one particular seller on Amazon. I've never used them before, but ordered one to note the quality and post about it here.

So much new Muppet stuff is coming out, but little of it matches the quality of these originals. It's good to know this is available too. Just thought I'd mention it. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning, think i might place an order there!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Cool! I like The Great Muppet Caper stuff. Hopefully it'll stay up long enough for me to nab one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So much new Muppet stuff is coming out, but little of it matches the quality of these originals. It's good to know this is available too. Just thought I'd mention it. :smile:
I miss art posters completely. Hand drawn and painted artworks that USED to stand in there to advertise movies, now replaced by boring photo-ops and CGI character poses. Nothing beat the quality of The Muppet Movie -Muppet Treasure Island posters, and I would love the opportunity to be able to see these for sale in stores. I've noticed certain places have smaller 9 X 11 reproductions of movie posters, but never noticed any Muppet ones (saw a One Piece one, almost bought it too since it took me by surprise). Its not like the artwork is lost, is it? If they got the chance to so much as make a limited edition print of the McD's GMC posters, I'd be more inclined to snap them up over the boring fake animation cel that Disney released.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do NOT buy the posters from this vendor. I'm okay with bootleg scans as long as the images aren't commercially available and the quality is high, but they basically stuck a crumpled and creased Muppet Movie poster in a scanner (without even attempting to flatten it out) and printed out a large-scale piece of total suck with huge drop shadows underneath the creases. They didn't even attempt to photoshop them out. Now, I knew these were reproductions and the price wasn't that high, but I could have taken existing Muppet material I already have and printed up several better posters than this for myself at a fraction of the cost. Bad, bad, bad. Do not use them. I'm sorry for posting this, but now we know to avoid "American Wholesaler" on Amazon like the plague. It might just be this poster, but man...it be ugly. :mad:

rowlf

Reaction score
I've had a similar experience with a few eBay sellers. Unfortunately people seem to be able to hawk "prints" of anything in this day and age, but don't want to take any time to make them look halfway decent.
Anything for a rather shady buck...